These oven baked ribs fall RIGHT off the bone and are so easy to make! They’re sticky, spicy and paleo friendly. They’re sure to be a hit!
Welcome to Friday.
Also known as the day that will change the life of your mouth forever.
You guys, I made you ribs. But not just ho-hum BBQ ribs…although, I do enjoy those. Remember the Crock Pot BBQ Chicken Quinoa and the Healthy BBQ Chicken Quesdaillas? I do not hate on anything with BBQ goodness.
Inspired by the whole30 5 spice pineapple sticky slow cooker chicken wings and chinese five spice chicken thighs I made you INSAYNEEELY easy, Chinese 5 spice rubbed ribs with the most glorious get all OVA your face and hands kinda sticky sweet Honey Garlic glaze that justsohappens to be friendly to the Paleo folks!
The kinda ribs that are low and slow roasted and fall RIGHT OFF THE BONE (see pictures for legit real evidence) but they are made in the OVEN.
Which means you don’t even need to wait for the weather to be all “Imma get hot now so you can BBQ all the things.” You can have ribs, like RIGHT TODAY NOW YES.
Sidenote: I am staring at the word “INSAYNEEELY” wondering when spell check is going to get it’s angry little red line on. But, it’s not. I am worried that it’s slowly adopting my lingo.
Back to ribs.
I’m excited to announce that this is the first recipe in an ongoing partnership with Zaycon Foods. Zaycon Foods takes out the middlemen involved in buying food by getting it directly to you from the farm. This preserves freshness, taste AND nutrition (!!!) They offer a wide variety of foods and operate in a TON of regions!
Pretty much the greatest thing EVAH.
When Zaycon asked me to do my first post around their Pork Loin Ribs, I was excited. But NERVOUS.
I knew that I loved shoveling the messy pork goodness into my facial hole but, CONFESSION TIME, I have never even COOKED them before.
Luckily, they had a handy little online guide that got me covered.
I also have access to what I Fondly call Mr. Googlemeister and access to Bobby Flay’s guide to rib cookin’. We all KNOW that man knows his way around some meat. Have you ever watched “Beat Bobby Flay”
HE DOES NOT LOSE.
Insert sigh of relief HERE. What did we do without the internet?
I just had to come up with the FLAVAH.
And, you guys, Mr. FFF and I both agreed that these are some darn good ribs. Especially if you want a change up from those BBQ ones that we discussed earlier.
Just like in that five spice eggless vegan zucchini bread, the 5 spice brings, well, as you might have guessed, the SPICE. Plus you really can’t mess up a rub that has 1 ingredient. It’s prettttty much idiot proof.
And by that I mean “Taylor proof.”
The glaze is based off the Honey Garlic Chicken and zucchini noodles that we ate ages ago. but I made a couple-a healthier swaps for you primal peeps. If you don’t have coconut aminos, just use soy sauce.
It’ll still be get-all-ova-your-face-and-maybe-even-in-your-eyes-but-you-don’t-care-because-THE-YUM kinda delicious.
Especially once you spread the glaze all up on that big ol’ rack o’ meat and pop it under the broiler so it turns into crispy, sticky perfection.
Did I even mention how good your house is going to smell for eleventy billion years while this is cooking? I’m making you ribs AND saving you money on scented candles.
I gotcha back.
I know you probably already had some awesome plans for this Friday evening, but I think I have one that might be a little bit awesomer.
You + Ribs + …..
Really, you don’t need anything else.
Paleo Oven Baked Ribs with 5 Spice and Honey Garlic Glaze
These oven baked ribs fall RIGHT off the bone and are so easy to make! They're sticky, spicy, whole30 and paleo friendly. They're sure to be a hit!
For the Ribs:
- 1 rack Zaycon Foods Pork Loin Back Ribs membrane removed *
- 4 tsps Chinese 5 spice
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp White vinegar
- 1 Tbsp + 2 tspsCoconut Aminos or Soy Sauce if not paleo
- 1/2 tsp Sesame oil
- 2 tsp Ginger diced
- 1 Tbsp Garlic minced
- Cilantro for garnish
- Diced Green onion for garnish
- Place the rack of ribs on a large piece of tinfoil and rub with the Chinese 5 spice (about 2 tsps per each side of the ribs) and salt and pepper. Wrap tightly in the foil and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, heat your oven to 250 degrees and line a roasting panwith tinfoil. Place a large cooling rack in the center.
- Place the ribs, bone-side up, into the roasting pan and cover the pan tightly with tinfoil. Roast until the ribs are tender and fall off the bone, about 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hours. Mine were perfect at 3 hours.
- While the ribs cook, combine all of the sauce ingredients (not the cilantro or green onion) in a large saucepan and bring to a boil on high heat. The boil the sauce, stirring constantly, until it just begins to reduce, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover and let come to room temperature.
- Once the ribs are cooked, remove them from the oven and preheat your broiler for 5 minutes. Once the broiler is heated, flip the ribs over so that the meaty side is up, and brush generously with half of the cooled glaze.
- Place the ribs under the broiler and cook until a nice crust forms, about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the ribs from the oven and brush with remaining glaze. Cover the pan with tinfoil, and let the ribs rest for 10 minutes.
*If you don't know how to remove the membrane, click HERE for a great video!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfit
If you make this recipe, please remember to tag @foodfaithfit and #Foodfaithfitness on Instagram! I LOVE seeing your recipe recreations!
This post is sponsored by Zaycon Foods. Thank you for allowing me to continue creating create content for you by supporting brands that Food Faith Fitness loves partnering with!
Want more Paleo dinners?
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!