This beef stir fry is grilled and then tossed with a creamy Asian almond butter vinaigrette and spinach for an easy, healthy, Paleo-friendly meal!
I think I’m kind of having a moment with almond butter.
And by “moment” I mean “longer than a moment but it’s so long that I can’t figure out the math of how many numbers to type to express how many minutes long this moment is.”
You understand. Maybe.
BUT, I’ve been slathering its creamy deliciousness onto ALL the things, and IN all the things. There’s my nightly “cheesecake” high protein snack, or I munch it in the form of Homemade Protein Bars OR EVEN whisked into some vinaigrette for a Sweet Potato Salad.
Sweet. Savory…NOTHING IS SAFE FROM MY ADDICITON.
Not even just a plain old spoon. I KNOW that you can relate because we’ve secretly mentally bonded over dinners that consisted of a jar of nut butter, a spoon, and NOTHING ELSE, at some point in our interwebz relationship. You’ve done it too.
SooOOOoo, when Zaycon Foods asked me to create a recipe with their Patio Steak, AKA “Flat iron steak” or AKA, the sequel: BEEFY YUM CENTRAL, my crazy-mind-space immediately went “ALMOND BUTTER IT.” AND, you know what? I asked Mr. FFF if he had any ULTRA creative and modernly-urban-and-hip (whatever that means) ideas of what I could do to it.
I 110% expected him to say “UHM, steak spice and grill it?” because he is not the most creative of individuals but, YOU GUYS, he LITERALLY said “is it weird that I am thinking almond butter?” LIKE, those words rolled right out of his face.
Clearly my addiction is starting to rub its thick, creamy and perfectly nutty self all into his brain-space too.
And I am 100% okay with that.
Now, let’s talk about this Paleo beef stir fry that is also kind of like a grilled salad, but I didn’t really know WHAT to call it except “veggies and grilled beef all mixed with tasty yumminess and superfood spinach because HEALTH.”
But then you wouldn’t know exactly what we were going to talk about, just based off the title. Then again, I guess you still never know what you’re going to find within an FFF post.
I got the idea to make a stir-fry on the grill, well, from it being summer time. I know your inner-grill-goddesses are just dying to come out and get your charred-smokey-summer-food on. So, I am lettin’ you HAVE AT IT, but grilling both your protein and your SUPAH fresh veggies.
P.s BOK CHOY. I don’t cook this veggie much, but I NEED TO CHANGE THAT. It’s simple, it has CRUNCH and it pairs MAGICALLY with the Coconut Amino/Almond Butter Asian Vinaigrette shenigans that you mix with ALL those tender-crisp veggies and leafy greens. <– Feelin’ the health as I TYPE YO.
I really should stop sayin’ yo.
A-NE-WAYZ. Can we agree to take everything we know about stir-frying (Like, the whole “need a pan to do it” thing) and throw them RIGHT out the window?
I mean, just don’t throw them at your BBQ.
Because then you’re pretty much out of luck for making any stir fry, grilled OR in a pan.
Paleo Grilled Beef Stir Fry with Asian Almond Dressing
For the steak:
- 1 TbspCoconut Aminos
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 2 tsps Rice Wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Water
- 1/2 tsp Fresh ginger minced
- 1 Zaycon Foods Patio Steak* trimmed of fat (about 8oz after trimming) **
For the Stir fry:
- 1 Cup Zucchini cut into halves (about half a large zucchini)
- 1 Cup Red Bell pepper sliced into strips (about half a large pepper)
- 1 Cup Orange Bell Pepper sliced into strips (about half a large pepper)
- 1 Cup Asparagus broken into pieces (about 1 small bunch)
- 1 Cup Bok Choy Stems chopped, the white end
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 Cup Bok Choy Leaves ***
- 1 Cup Fresh spinach packed
For the dressing:
- 1/4 tsp Sriracha + additional for garnish optional
- 1 Tbsp Coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 2 tsps Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Fresh ginger minced
- 1 Tbsp Almond butter
- Cilantro for garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the steak marinade (the coconut aminos up to the fresh ginger.) Add in the steak and spoon the marinade on-top to ensure that all sides get covered. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hour, up to over night.
- Place your grill basket into your grilland preheat to high heat for 10 minutes. Your grill should read 400 degrees.
- Place all of the veggies into a large bowl and toss with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place the veggies into the grill basket.
- At the same time that you begin cooking the veggies, place the steak on the grill, over in-direct heat and cook for 3-4 minutes, flip, rub with marinade, and cook an additional 3-4 minutes, or until it reaches desired done-ness. Note that the honey in the marinade will go very dark and caramelizey. Remove from heat, and cover to let rest.
- The veggies will take about an additional 5-7 minutes after the steak comes off the grill. Cook until tender and nice and charred.
- While the veggies cook, whisk together the dressing ingredients in a large bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Once cooked, add the veggies along with Bok Choy leaves and spinach into the bowl with the dressing. Toss to coat evenly and allow the leaves to slightly wilt. Season to taste with salt.
- Toss the steak into long strips and mix with the salad.
- Divide between two plates, garnish with fresh cilantro and optional sriracha.
Recipe NotesThere are 6 steaks in a package of Zaycon foods Patio steak, so you use 1 out of the 6, not the whole package.
*The steaks have a large piece of fat running through the center, so I cut my strak in half and cut it out. This left me with two small pieces of steak.
***Just buy one large head of Bok Choy.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfitness
This post is sponsored by Zaycon Foods. Thank you for allowing me to continue creating great content for you by supporting partnerships with awesome brands that FFF loves to work with! As always, opinions remain 100% my own.
Find out when products are available by following along with Zaycon Foods on Social media:
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more Paleo-friendly meals?
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!