These Easy Mexican Meatballs with Zucchini Noodles are gluten free, low carb and egg free and are a fiesta in your mouth! A dinner for the whole family!
Pin Easy Mexican Meatballs
You guys. Is there anything that you can’t Mexican-i-fy?
And really, Mexican food is some of the best food. The spices! The cilantro! The AVOCADO!
It’s just all good and it’s ALL in these delicious, juicy little meatballs that I can guarantee you are going to love!
Family Friendly Meal
If you’re like me, you may always be on the lookout for meals that are healthy, delicious, full of flavor, and pleases everyone- even the pickiest of eaters! You’ll be glad to know that I’ve got a ton of recipes that fit that criteria, like Cheesy Instant Pot Broccoli Rice Casserole and THIS Mexican Meatball Recipe I’m going to introduce you to today!
I mean, who DOESN’T love meatballs, am I right or am I right!? I can imagine that finding a meal that you love and that your kids will eat is often tricky, but I guarantee this recipe will be a winner with your entire family!
Mexican Meatballs Ingredients
Satisfying. Keeps you full. Pretty to look at. Family friendly. DELISH. What more could you want in a meatball?? It just keeps getting better because these Mexican Turkey Meatballs are also simple to make. You may even already have most of the ingredients hanging around your fridge and pantry! Here’s what you will need:
- Lean Ground Turkey
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Low Fat Cream Cheese
- Diced Green Onion
- Diced Red Onion
- Chopped Cilantro
- Minced Garlic
- Olive Oil
Can You Make Meatballs Without Egg?
Here’s a scenario I think we can ALL relate to. You’re in the kitchen and you are about to make healthy turkey meatballs. You have all the ingredients gathered and then you realize- you’ve missed an egg! You look in the fridge and to your dismay, you don’t have any! Luckily, you can totally still make these Mexican Chicken Meatballs! They use a combination of cheddar cheese and cream cheese that work together to bind the meatballs and hold them together while they cook!
How to Make Mexican Meatballs
Now that we’ve got our ingredients together, it’s finally time to get going on the recipe! You are going to absolutely LOVE this fun twist on classic meatballs and your whole family will, too. Here we go:
Set your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and allow it to fully preheat. Add ALL meatball ingredients to a large bowl and stir until well combined.
Form the meat mixture into balls (should be about 20 evenly sized balls) and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet. Allow them to bake about 10-12 minutes, or until no longer pink inside and nicely golden brown.
While the meatballs bake, heat up a large pan over medium heat and add about 1 tablespoon of oil. Sautee the red onion and garlic for about 3 minutes or until it’s soft. Add the diced chile in adobe sauce, crush tomatoes and salsa, and stir until well combined.
Add the paprika, cumin, salt and frozen corn to the mixture and stir it in well, bringing it to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and allow it to simmer for about 10 minutes.
While the sauce simmers, heat some oil in a large pan on high heat. Cook the zoodles in the pan until golden brown, which should take about 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a plate and gently press on them to remove excess moisture.
Divide the noodles between the plates and add sauce and meatballs to each. Garnish with cilantro and cheddar cheese and DEVOUR!
Side Dish Ideas
Although this meatball and zoodle dish shines all on its own, if you want to add a side dish, feel free! I recommend Three Bean Mexican Corn Black Bean Salad, as a fresh, flavorful salad always pairs well alongside a hearty meal like this, or some Grilled Mexican Quesadillas to snack on!
Other Healthy Mexican Recipes
For the meatballs:
- 1 lb 93 % lean ground turkey
- 1/4 Cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 Tbsps Low fat cream cheese softened
- 3 Tbsps Green onion diced
- 1/4 cup Red onion diced
- 3 Tbsps Cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Garlic minced
For the sauce
For the zoodles
- 8 Medium zucchinis
- Cilantro and additional cheddar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix all the meatball ingredients together until well mixed
- Form into small balls and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet. (should make 20 meatballs) I use a cookie scoop. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and no longer pink inside.
- While the meatballs cook, heat 1/2 Tbsp. of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Sautee the diced red onion and garlic until it is soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add in the diced chile in adobo sauce, the adobo sauce, the crushed tomatoes, and the salsa. Stir until well combined.
- Add in the cumin, paprika, salt of and frozen corn (no need to thaw.) Stir until everything is well mixed. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the sauce simmers, spray a large pan with cooking spray and heat over high heat.
- Cook in the pan until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Transfer to paper towel and gently press out as much moisture as you can.
- Divide the noodles among the plates and top with tomato sauce and meatballs. Garnish with cilantro and additional cheddar cheese if desired, and serve.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
(per 1/4 of the recipe)
STAY IN DA KNOW WITH THINGS GOING ON AT FFF (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!