Grilled avocado is stuffed with a fresh mixture of cucumber, tomato and crispy grilled chickpeas! A drizzle of tahini makes this a delicious, healthy and easy, vegan dinner!
WHOOOOAAA NOW, super creamy avocado that gets kissed with a little bit of smoky grill action. <— That’s a real thing that you get to put in your mouth and it’s going to make the person inside of you who wants to AVOCADO all the things, like, SUPER STOKED about all things LIFE.
Because these perfectly grilled and stuffed avocados? LIFELIFELIFE RIGHT HERE.
I am obsessing. Like, all the time. How-EV-ER, this time, there are a few really good reasons for the hoopla and super-excited, CAPITAL LETTERS and MAJOR !!! that I am going to write about this seemingly simple recipe:
- G-R-I-L-L-E-D Avocado. Did we just talk about that? Don’t care. We’re talking cut them in half, put them on the BBQ and then proceed to wait a few REALLY LONG SEEMING minutes until the vibrant, green and creamy flesh gets those perfectly charred grill marks. AKA: The tell-tale sign that something smoky and delicious is about to enter a face near you.
SPOILER ALERT: It’s YOUR face. !!!! 🙂 🙂
- G-R-I-L-L-E-D CHICKPEAS. Was your mind just blown? My mind was blown. And my taste buds just fell off my head a little bit (read: A LOT.) You know those crazy addictive little bites of crispy goodness that my snacking mouth loves to POP all day long? Some people call them roasted chickpeas. TODAY, we call them GRILLED.
Which I didn’t actually think would work. At ALL. But then Pompeian sent me their new Grapeseed Oil Spray, which has a higher smoke point and a light taste, that won’t overpower the other flavors of a recipe. Basically, it’s MADE for turning squishy, raw chickpeas into the most magical combination of smoky and spicy that you’ll ever put into your face.
I think my secret inner grill-master self subconsciously just wants to grill ALL the things because it just makes them SO MUCH BETTER.
BUT WAIT. We didn’t even talk about how these healthy-green avocados stuffed to the BRIM with fresh deliciousness are actually, well, GREEN. Like in the environmental kinda sense. Pompeian’s line of cooking sprays use a SUPER neat pouch system instead of weird propellants or other yucky chemicals. This means you don’t waste ONE DROP of oil, PLUS you get to be one of those fabulous eco-friendly people.
Tasty food. Happy planet. SO MUCH GOODNESS HERE GUYS.
Anyway. Grilled chickpeas tossed with healthy, Grapeseed Oil Spray. Let’s keep obsessing over them. They’re crispy and have smoky vibes that make my taste buds pretty much just spin out of control. Like, I kind of just wanted to eat them forever and ever.
But then creamy grilled avocado. WITH the spicy-crunchety YUM. ANDANDAND juicy, fresh tomatoes with bites of refreshingly-crisp cucumber.
ANNNND velvety-smooth and rich TAHINI with BURTS of tangy, zesty lemon juice. Just like when we doused the stuff on some grilled sweet potatoes, we’re at it again. Are you one of those people that finds a new ingredient and then obsessively slathers it on EVERY. POSSIBLE. THING. You can find EVER?
I’m one of those people.
But I probably didn’t need to tell you that.
Nor do I need to tell you it’s time to stop typing and start GRILLIN’
- 1 Can Chickpeas drained and rinsed, 13oz
- Pompeian Grapeseed Oil Spray
- 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- Salt + Pepper
- 2 Large avocados
- 1/2 Cup Cucumber diced (about half a large cucumber)
- 1/2 Cup Cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice + additional for servings about 1 large lemon
- 2 tsps Tahini
- Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat your grill to medium/high heat. The temperature gauge should read about 400 degress once heated.
- Place the rinsed chickpeas onto a paper towel and dry well. Transfer to a small bowl, peeling off any of the papery skins that come lose while you dried the chickpeas. Spray the chickpeas generously with Pompeian Grapeseed Oil Spray and then toss with the smoked paprika and a a few generous twists of salt and pepper.
- Place the chickpeas into the bottom of the grill basketinto an even, flat layer. Place onto the grill and cook for 10 minutes. Then, spray the chickpeas again with Pompeian Grapeseed Oil Spray and stir around. Cook for another 10-12 minutes until lightly charred and crispy. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Cut the avocados in half, removing the pit. Scoop out the center of the avocado so you have a large, deep hole. Spray the avocados with Pompeian Grapeseed Oil Spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place, flesh-side down, onto the grill and cool until nice grill-marks form, about 5 minutes.
- While the avocados cook, mix the cucumber, tomatoes and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Divide the cucumber mixture between each avocado half, making sure to really stuff it into the center. Top each half with 1 Tbsp of chickpeas* and drizzle with 1/2 tsp Tahini.
- Garnish with cilantro and DEVOUR.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
This post is sponsored by my friends at Pompeian. Thank you for allowing me to continue creating great content for you by supporting partnerships with super-fab brands that Food Faith Fitness loves to work with! As always, opinions remain 100% my own!
(based off of using 1/3 can chickpeas)
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! 🙂
Want more vegan meals?
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!