This Kale Salad Recipe has a tropical dressing and is packed with 7 superfoods to make it a quick, easy healthy dinner. It’s Perfect for weeknights!
Are you ready to start your day in a SUPER WAY?
Sidenote, I did NOT mean to rhyme there. But, I’m not going to go against my inner poet.
Anyway. Back to the talk of days that start off really good.
This Kale Salad Recipe There is 7 SUPERFOODS in it….AND there are only 8 ingredients in it. Or 9 if you want to be one of those annoying technical people who separates oranges from ORANGE JUICE. Stop that.
Basically, what I am trying to get at here, is that if this kale salad recipe showed up at my door, wearing a cape and showing off its 6 pack, I wouldn’t bat ONE. LITTLE. EYELASH.
When something is just that super, it’s just kind of what you expect, you know?
OR maybe we never even got off. TWILIGHT ZONE.
So. There’s kale. Which I KNOW you’re all into right now. BUT, wait there’s more!
If you mix spinach AND kale you get double the leaf-u-lar superfood goodness for the PRICE OF ONE.
All you have to do is pay the shipping….INTO YOUR MOUF.
I can’t confirm or deny that I am watching infomercials while I type this. WHY ARE THEY SO ADDICTING?
On top of the bed of greenery lays one the tastiest and most nutrient packed fishies that ever swam the sea: Salmon.
We’ve been eating baked salmon a lot lately, so I’m sure you remember that our blub-speaking friend (Taylor language for “fish) is loaded with Omega 3s and tons of good fats to make your hair shiny and your nails not all breaky and gross.
Food that tastes NUM and makes you pretty? ALL OVER DAT.
So, that’s 3 Superfoods. That leaves 4 more: Pomegranate seeds, oranges, coconut oil AND avocado.
I become obsessed with all thing pomegranate when I realized how they were the perfectly sweet n’ crunchy element to breakfast cookies AND Avocado Smoothie Bowls. Ever since those recipes of yore (err…last week) I have been wanting to put them on e’rythang.
Since, we’ve breakfasted them up, I figured they wanted to get their hands on a main dish kinda meal.
Ignore the fact that pomegranate seeds don’t have hands. Just use your imagination capeesh?
And, just like that, we’ve got the crunch element down.
What is left in the making of the most perfect kale salad recipe to exist in all the evers? CREAMINESS.
Oh hey there mega creamy avocado which justsohappens to also be full of the same beautifying healthy fats as salmon.
I’m basically giving you a face lift for dinner.
The last piece of the salad puzzle is OBVI the dressing. And this one is stupid simple and has a tropical flavor thanks to orange juice and coconut oil <— more pretty fats <3
I can basically feel myself glowing.
And I know you want in on that.
Superfood Salmon Salad With Coconut Orange Vinaigrette
- For the salad:
- 1 Small Salmon filet 4oz
- 1/4 Cup Pure orange juice
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 1/2 Cups Baby Kale
- 1 1/2 Cups Spinach
- 2 Small Tangerines broken into segments or 1 orange
- 3 Tbsp Pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 an Avocado sliced
- For the vinaigrette
- 1/2 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 1/2 Tsbp Fresh orange juice
- Small pinch of salt
- Place the salmon filet in a small dish and cover with 1/4 cup of Orange juice. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Once the salmon has marinated, preheat your oven to 400 degrees and spray a small baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat the 1 tsp of coconut oil in a small pan on medium high heat. Spread the 1 tsp of honey all over both sides of the salmon and place into the pan. Cook until golden brown, just 1-2 minutes. Flip and cook again. Place the salmon into the baking dish and cook until it flakes with a fork, about 8-10mins.
- While the fish cooks, mix together the Kale, Spinach, Tangerines, Pomegranate Seeds and Avocado in a large bowl.
- In a small, microwave safe bowl, melt the coconut oil and honey for the dressing, about 20 seconds. Whisk in the orange juice and a small pinch of salt.
- Top the salad with the cooked salmon and toss with the vinaigrette.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfit
If you make this recipe please tag @foodfaithfit and #FoodFaithFitness on Instagram! I LOVE seeing your recipe recreations 🙂
Want more healthy seafood?
Salmon Salads from around the web:
Shirataki Noodle Salad with Salmon and Vegetables – End Of Pain
Quick and Easy Salmon Salad – The Healthy Foodie