I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
A classic appetizer, the jalapeno popper, just got a whole lot better in an extra cheesy, burger form. Perfect for Summer grilling!
Remember that time that I made a Veggie Burger recipe, and it was the first burger ever to appear on FFF?
Which is actually a little bit strange, because meatless meals aren’t typically my “thang.” AND, I think the huberoni is still a wee bit bitter that I haven’t made him a “real burger” in the whole time that we have lived in Florida. Which is the Sunshine state. And sunshine = grill ALL the things in his mind.
So, today, I am remedying that situation with THIS.
My fingers were so in awe of this Jalapeno Popper Burger for a second, that they couldn’t even type the title
I talked about my love of all things jalapeno popper wayyy back when I made a Turkey Meatball version, and I decided to take it up a level….and burger-ize it.
You know those ideas that you have in the middle of the night that seem SO brilliant, that you roll over and shake your husband awake, just to tell him about this idea?
Oh, that’s just me?
Anyway. This was one of those. I almost got up in the middle of the night and fired up the ol’ grill-er-oo.
But, then I feel asleep. Whomp Whomp Whomp.
HOW-EV-ER, dinner the next night? Consider it planned.
The patty is pretty standard. Lean ground beef (or bison, if you fancy) a few spices, an egg and some oats. just grill ‘er up how you like it, pop on some Kraft singles and watch the melty, cheesy, magic happen.
Then, BAM, we get to the toppings. No jalapeno popper is complete without cream cheese right? So, spread a little Kraft cream cheese up on yo’ bun and then get a little adventurous and put some Kraft Ranch Dressing on there.
If you’re currently still thinking with you brain, and not your taste buds, it may sound like a slightly odd combo, but remember the Cheesey Bacon Ranch Chicken? We know that ranch and cheese are <3.
Show stopper time: Enter little slivers of crunchy, spicy yum. Jalapeno peppers are sliced, stuffed with crispy panko and then cooked in a little bit of olive oil. I died.
Throw those into the mix and tell me these babies don’t make up for the previous meatless burger.
Crunchy? CHECK. Spicy? CHECK. Cheesy? DOUBLE CHECK. Nom-ability? TRIPLE CHECK.
I think you know what’s for dinner tonight.
Ranch Jalapeno Popper Burger
- For the burger:
- 1.5 lbs Ground bison or lean ground beef
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Generous pinch of ground pepper
- 1/2 Cup Rolled old fashioned oats.
- 12 Slices Kraft 2% Milk Singles *
- 6 Small jalapeno peppers thinly sliced
- 3 Large Egg whites
- 1 Cup Whole wheat Panko
- Olive oil for frying
- 1/2 Tbsp - 1 Tbsp Jalapeno Tabasco Sauce
- 3/4 Cup Philadelphia 1/3 Fat Cream cheese
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Kraft Reduced Fat Ranch Dressing
- 6 Whole wheat Kaiser Rolls.
- To make the burgers:
- To make the crispy jalapenos:
- Heat a medium sized sauce panon medium heat, and pour just enough oil into it to just cover the bottom.
- Place the egg white in a small bowl, and the panko on a small plate.
- Dunk the sliced jalapenos into the egg white, and then into the panko. The panko will not stick to the outside very well, but make sure you pack it into the center of the jalapeno slices.
- Fry the jalapeno slices in olive oil, until golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel line plate, and blot off the excess oil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the Jalapeno sauce and the cream cheese. Adjust the level of spiciness to your preference.
- To assemble:
- Spread some of the cream cheese mixture on half of each kaiser roll, and spread the Ranch dressing on the other half.
- Place on patty on each roll, and top with the crispy jalapenos.
Recipe Notes*This is 2 slices per patty. You can easily use 1. I just like cheese.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?If you try this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Tag me on IG @foodfaithfit, using the hashtag #foodfaithfitness
And PLEASE don’t forget to fill out the Food Faith Fitness Reader Survery, ’cause I want this place to be more awesome for YOU!
Other recipes you might like:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!