These spicy-sweet green cashew curry bowls are loaded with grilled chicken, sweet watermelon and cucumber noodles! They’re a healthy, whole30 Summer meal!
I warned you.
When we drank that mango avocado smoothie with watermelon, I TOLD you that there was going to be watermelon curry. You PROMISED not to pre-judge it.
For the sake of your taste buds and hungry-summer-food-craving-belly, I SRSLY hope that you’re keeping an open mind about ALL things food, which also happens to include spicy-sweet and ULTRA fresh watermelon curry.
Like many recipes lately (HI previously mentioned healthy strawberry watermelon smoothie and grilled zucchini and green bean salad) THIS unique little bowl of deliciousness happened partially because I had a whole bunch of leftover food that needed to be eaten and partially because…
Scratch that. I totally JUST happened due to leftovers. Pretty much the EXACT same situation as the summer maple lime watermelon zoodle bowls.
I’m currently having this moment with spiralized cucumber noodles, internet friends. It’s like these tender curls of fresh and crisp veggie goodness have curled around my heart and are DEFINING healthy-fresh-Summer food in my very real life.
You’re having that moment too. You just didn’t know it until RIGHT NOW.
Cucumber noodles mish-mash with this ULTRA lush and velvety SMOOOOTH mixture of creamy cashew butter that swirls and twirls with pops of spicy ginger, tangy lime juice, rich coconut flavors and this underlying flavor profile of vibrant, warm green curry.
Of course, there are also bursts of ULTRA fresh mint and zippy cilantro because #HerbAddict.
It’s a magical combo that AWAKENS your tongue to the pure FOOD BLISS that is light and healthy Summer food.
I can feel that you’re still tracking with me, even after the whole announcement of watermelon + curry = going into your mouth right now. I sense that you’re totally vibing with all the flavor profiles we got GOIN’ ON.
I like you. You’re a TROOPER.
Now, onto the part that you’re going to question me on: W-A-T-E-Rmelon.
Too lazy to continue with – on such a loooooong word.
Use your imagination with me for a second. You are crunching through swirly-twirly spirals of fresh cucumber noodles and tender, grill-y chicken, your tongue is tingling with sweet-creamy-warm-nutty sensations as the thick, smooth sauce coats it in a magical food HUG.
Your teeth sink into a crispety-crunchety POP of toasty cashews and then a chunk of watermelon BURSTS through your WHOLE mouth in a juicy firework-food-like EXPLOSION.
The fruit-that-defines-your-summer-existence comes together with the zesty green curry, tangy lime juice and cooling mint and dances across your taste buds in a way that is going to make you re-think that boring, predictable food combination that you always eat for dinner.
Don’t worry. You can still eat your “go to” tomorrow.
I’m not here to be a dinner bully and take away all your comforting food, but I AM here to PUSH YOUR BOUNDARIES A LITTLE.
When you slurp through each tender-crisp noodle, and let the sweet-and-spicy notes of watermelon+curry seep into your VERY SOUL, you will understand what sometimes I feed you seemingly-strange combinations of food.
Because I value our internet BFF status, because I love you and because I only want the best for you.
For the bowls:
- 1 Large cucumber, spiralized with Blade D
- Salt and pepper
- 8 Oz Chicken breast, cubed
- 4 tsp Green curry paste
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp Fresh mint, Sliced
- 2 Cups Watermelon, cubed
- 2 Tbsp Toasted cashews, chopped
- Place the cucumber noodles in a mesh strainer over a large bowl and sprinkle with salt, tossing to coat. Let strain while you prep the bowls, tossing occasionally. Additionally, preheat you grill to medium high heat.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper and then rub the green curry paste all over them until well coated. Place onto skewers (if using bamboo, remember to soak them first) and then grill until nice and charred, about 2 minutes per side for a total of 8 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, place the cashew butter and coconut oil in a large, microwave-safe bowl and microwave until the cashew butter is creamy, about 30 seconds.
- Add all the other sauce ingredients and whisk until smooth and combined. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Squeeze out the water from the cucumber noodles and then lay out in a single layer on paper towel. Use another paper towel to press out as MUCH moisture as you can - don't skip this, or you'll have watery curry.
- Place the noodles into the bowl with the curry sauce and add the cilantro and mint, stir until the noodles are coated in the sauce (it does help to cut the noodles first!)
- Divide between 2 bowls, followed by the watermelon, cashews and chicken.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 11 POINTS+: 11. OLD POINTS: 9
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! ????
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!