These Mini Gluten Free Pancake Skewers are made with hazelnut meal and banana and dipped in chocolate! Easy and great for kids!
Welcome to the second annual brunch week hosted by Terri of Love and Confections and Susan of The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen! Join us May 5th through 11th while we celebrate the deliciousness of brunch and to prepare for Mother’s Day and summer brunching season. We have 32 bloggers bringing you their best brunch game, from cocktails to eggs benedict to donuts, there is something for everything this week. Our amazing sponsors have donated some great prizes for a gigantic giveaway, please visit them all for more information. Now onto the food!
This post comes with a disclaimer:
WARNING: The cuteness level of these here pictures may explode your brain cells, and the yum factor may make your taste buds fall off your face.
Mini Food…it’s the best. It’s adorable, you can eat more of it because it’s small anddd….it’s adorable.
And, eating teeny tiny little gluten free pancakes on skewers is like eating a plate of 🙂 emoticons for breakfast, am I right?
You just can’t start your day off with mini things and be a grumpy pants dark cloud all day long.
You know that day where The Grinch’s heart grew however many sizes?
I’m putting it out there that those singing whos had NADA to do with it.
The Grinch had some mini Banana Hazelnut Pancake Skewers with Chocolate Dip for breakfast. That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it.
Hazelnut meal. It’s my new jam. Bob’s red mill was fabulous (again) and sent us Brunchweek ladies a whole bunch to try, and I’m totally in love.
Especially in some hazelnut paleo brownies. I DIE.
Is the random intervals of gangster speak too much for you? I hope not because I can’t stop. Won’t stop.
Things that you need to know:
- Nut flour burns easily, so you need to cook these babies lowww and slowww. Like Ribs. Yum.
- Monkeys like bananas a lot. So they like these pancakes.
(side note: I’m realllyyyy working on getting MR. FFF to let me get a pet monkey. I’m going to use it as a selling point. A pet monkey can eat any excess banana baked goods we have. So, that’s where that came from.)
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE. Omg. I just tried making ganache in this crepe cake Aaaand I’ve made it a billion times since. Yes, there will be recipes. And yes, me and Mr. FFF have been eating it by the finger full. And yes, I’m covered in chocolate as I type this.
Not a problem that I am complaining about.
I strongly suggest you skip work today and make yourself cute things for breakfast.
If your boss doesn’t really think that’s so awesome, just bring him/her some chocolate ganache.
You’ll get a promotion. I promise.
Except, don’t hold me to that.
Gluten Free Pancake Skewers with Hazelnut Meal, Bananas and Chocolate Dip
- For the pancakes:
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp Low fat buttermilk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Honey
- 2 tsps Coconut oil melted
- 1 Cup Hazelnut meal 92 g
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Mashed banana about 1 small
- For the chocolate dipping sauce:
- 1/4 Cup Heavy cream OR Full fat Coconut milk
- 1/2 Tbsp Honey
- 3 1/2 oz Semi-sweet chocolate chopped
- 2 Medium bananas sliced
- 8 skewers
- Preheat a large griddle on medium heat, mine was 325 degrees.* Also, preheat an oven to 200 degrees, to keep cooked pancakes warm.
- In a large food processor, place the vanilla, buttermilk, eggs, honey and coconut oil. On top of the wet ingredients, add the hazelnut meal, baking soda and salt.
- Process until well combined, and a thick batter is formed.
- Add in the the mashed banana, processing again until the banana is incorporated.
- Drop pancake batter onto the heated griddle, using a 1/2 tbsp measuring spoon to measure. Slightly spread out with a spoon, but you want to keep the pancakes small.
- Cook until the outsides of the pancake are set and the underside is a deep golden brown, about 4-6 minutes.** Gently flip and cook an additional 3-5 minutes on the other side.
- Repeat until the batter is gone, storing any pancakes in the preheated oven to keep warm until ready to serve.
- While the pancakes cook, you can make the chocolate sauce (this can also be made the day before.)
- In a small pot, heat the cream and the honey together until just boiling.
- Remove from the heat and add in the chopped chocolate.
- Let the mixture stand for 30 seconds, and then whisk until the the sauce is smooth and the chocolate is melted and mixed in.
- To assemble the skewers:
- Place one banana slice, one pancake, another banana, another pancake and then one more banana and pancake onto the bottom half of a skewer. Repeat until all the pancakes are gone.
- Serve with chocolate sauce and DEVOUR!
I also tested this recipe on a regular pan on a stovetop for you non-griddle owners, and medium heat was too hot. My stovetop was best at medium low.
*I knew the pancakes were ready to flip by gently lifting the corners, and when they moved around easily when lightly pushed with my flipper.
California Walnuts, Bob’s Red Mill, Oxo, Dixie Crystals, Whole Foods Market Doctor Phillips, Grimmway Farms, Woot Froot, Vidalia Onion, Baloian Farms, Stemilt and Bonne Maman are providing the prizes free of charge. I have received product related to these brands to use for #Brunchweek. All opinions stated are my own.
And don’t forget to enter the Brunchweek Giveaway HERE!
And, check out everyone else’s Brunch Week creations:
Brunch Egg Dishes:
- Spinach Bell Pepper Frittata from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Corn Souffle from Hungry Couple
- Croque Madame Muffins from Cooking in Stilettos
- Fajita Vegetable Quesadillas with Eggs and Avocado Hollandaise from Sarcastic Cooking
- Bacon, Cheddar, Zucchini Quiche from The Kitchen Prep
- Tortilla Espanola from Savvy Eats
Brunch Breads and Grains:
- Blueberry Cornmeal Waffles from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Busy Bee’s Granola from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Springtime Sweet Rolls from Eat Your Heart Out
- 10 Minute English Muffin Cream Cheese Danish from Neighborfood
- Lemon Poppyseed Scones from Real Housemoms
- Apple Croissants from Hip Foodie Mom
- Fig and Oatmeal Breakfast Bar from My Catholic Kitchen
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins from Jen’s Favorite Cookies
Brunch Fruits, Vegetables, Sides:
- Roasted Beet Salad with Pistachios and Blue Cheese from Healthy. Delicious.
- Caramelized Onion, Apple and Gruyere Bites from Take a Bite out of Boca
- Savory Truffles from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Orange Marmalade Pound Cake from Love and Confections
- Hazelnut-Blackberry Cottage Pudding from The Vintage Cook
- Surprise Inside Orange Pound Cake from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- Strawberry Hazelnut Crumble with Coconut Whipped Cream from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Corn Fritter Shortcakes with Maple Whipped Cream from The Spiffy Cookie
Want more breakfasts?
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!