An easy, creamy, gluten free cheesecake bar with pieces of Almond Joy and coconut. The best part? Skinny jeans approved!
I actually don’t even know what to say about these cheesecake bars guys.
They are so amazingly, super-duper delicious that I am just at a loss for words right now. Or, it could be ’cause I made these and decided to surprise the hubs and his co-workers with them. Now, the hubs works graveyards. That means that I brought these to him at 3am guys. If that doesn’t give me the best wife ever award, I seriously don’t know what does. But, I think it’s mostly just cause they were really yum in my tum. So yum that it is a realllllyyy good thing I had people to bring them to, or else stuff-my-face-with-whole-pan-in-5-minutes
may would have occurred.
No one can have will power against coconut crust, creamy cheesecake, hunks of almond joy chocolate-y goodness and the topped off with crunchy, sweet flakes of coconut. If you can say no to that, well, that is a very sad story for you.
But, more for me.
Using fat free cream cheese saves you like 1 billion calories, and coconut oil and coconut flour keeps them skinny jeans approved and gluten free. Really, the only “unhealthy” thing here is the chunks of almond joy bar. But, they have almonds in them and almonds are good for you. See, I justify.
I only used 8 mini Almond joy’s, and I wish I had used more. Some pieces of square had 5 zillion pieces of chocolate, while some little square had none and felt really left out. It made me sad. So, I have adjusted the recipe to use more. I know, this makes them more bad for you and such but, if you’re going to eat a cheesecake bar, you really just gotta commit. Go big or go home.
So, when you do go home, make these. And, if your will power fails and cause you eat the whole pan…..remember, almonds are good for you.
- 20 oz Fat free cream cheese
- 1 1/4 Cups Splenda
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 12 pieces Mini Almond Joy bars
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 Tbsp Splenda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x7 inch pan with parchment or tinfoil.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour and Splenda.
- Cut in the chilled coconut oil with your fingers or a pastry blender, until the mixture resembles small peas and all the flour has been mixed in.
- Press the crust into the pan evenly and bake for 15 minutes, until golden.
- While the crust bakes, cream together the fat free cream cheese and Splenda until light and airy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- Chop up the Almond Joy bars and stir into the cheesecake mixture.
- Pour the filling mixture over top of your warm, baked crust and spread out evenly. Be careful not to spread too hard and cause your crust to lift.
- Mix the unsweetened coconut with 1 Tbsp of Splenda and sprinkle on top of the bars.
- Bake for 30-32 minutes until the sides have become golden brown, and the cheesecake feels set.
- Let cool and refrigerate for at least a few hours to overnight before slicing. (Waiting is the hardest part!)
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.