Just wanted to let you know that these FLUFFY blueberry kefir pancakes are sponsored by my friends over at Kalona Supernatural!
These Fluffy Blueberry Kefir Pancakes are are a deliciously healthy breakfast! SO fluffy and filling, whole grain, and egg free!
Don’t even act like you’re a little bit surprised.
You guys should know by now that “pancake” could actually be my middle name.
Cauliflower rice? Umm. Nope. <– Brinner is always a winner anyway.
I told you guys about how I’ve been drinking Kalona Supernatural Kefir in the gluten free chocolate chip muffins, healthy soft oatmeal breakfast bars AND gingerbread cake bars. It’s been making my digestion system SO happy with all then probiotic goodness!
Plus it doesn’t hurt, the sequel, that their ingredients are simple, nourishing and Non-GMO!
With all this happy digestion and awesome ingredients, it was only a matter of time until my kefir obsession made it into my pancake obsession.
And, here we are we this kefir pancake recipe
Pancakes with Kefir FAQ
Yes! Due to the high acidity from the lactic acid in kefir, it works similarly to buttermilk in baking. This makes it PERFECT for these blueberry pancakes and really is the secret to making them so THICK and ultra-fluffy!
Plus, the vanilla undertones add this subtle smoothness that just is going to knock your taste buds out of your mouth!
Yep! These kefir pancakes are like the whole wheat vegan pancakes in the fact that they don’t actually use an egg and use a mix of water, oil and baking powder to bind them and add the perfect texture. Something about this mixture makes the BEST pancake with crispy edges and a thick, FLUFFY interior that I am just SO IN LOVE WITH.
YES! Kefir is a healthy, fermented food that aids in gut health, can boost your immunity, and has been known to help prevent and fight against illness and disease!
Kefir Pancakes Ingredients
The super awesome thing about these whole wheat blueberry pancakes is that the ingredients are SUPER simple, and I am willing to be that you have them on hand, which means you get to eat pancakes for breakfast, lunch OR brinner tonight!
- Whole wheat flour
- Avocado Oil
- Baking powder
Like always, I encourage you to mix things up with this pancake recipe to make it your own! If blueberries aren’t your favorite, feel free to swap them out and use raspberries or black berries instead! If you want to leave the fruit and take a sweeter route, you could toss in a handful of chocolate chips or even add some chopped pecans or walnuts for a bit of CRUNCH! The sky’s the limit!
How to make Kefir Pancakes
Heat up your griddle, spraying it generously with cooking oil.
In a medium bowl, add the flour, sugar and salt and whisk to combine. In a separate, larger bowl, add the water, oil, and baking powder until light and frothy. Add in the vanilla and kefir, whisking it all together.
Whisk in the kefir until JUST mixes, then carefully fold in the blueberries.
Drop batter in rounds onto the heated griddle, cooking until you see bubbles form. Flip and continue cooking until lightly golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
Serve up your pancakes as desired and enjoy!
Top Tips for making Kefir Pancakes
Before you run off to make breakfast for dinner, I will leave you with 3 ultra-important pancake making secrets:
- Do NOT over-mix your batter – you want there to still be tiny lumps in the batter. It shouldn’t be totally smooth.
- Only flip your pancake ONCE per side. Doing this more will make them tough and nasty!
- Don’t press your pancake down. When you flip the pancake, the middle may rise (this is normal.) Don’t get all crazy with your spatula and press them out or, again, tough pancakes.
You’re armed. You’re ready.
Go forth into pancake Nirvana.
Other Healthy Pancake Recipes
- 1 Cups White whole wheat flour (116g)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 Tbsp Warm water
- 2 Tbsp Avocado oil
- 4 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Kalona Supernatural Vanilla Kefir
- 2/3 Cup Fresh blueberries
- Heat your griddle up to medium heat (about 300 degrees) and spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, sugar and salt. In a separate, large bowl, whisk the water, oil and baking powder until frothy. Add in the vanilla and kefir and whisk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients in and whisk until just a few small lumps remain. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour by scant 1/4 cup fulls onto the griddle and spread out JUST slightly. They spread a lot once cooking and you don't want them too big or they are hard to flip. Cook until the edges are set, the underside is nice and dark brown and bubbles form in the top, about 3-4 minutes. Flip and repeat.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
(per 1 Pancake, based off the recipe making 8)
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT KALONA SUPERNATURAL. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!