Just letting you know that these FLUFFY easy dairy free gluten free vegan cinnamon rolls are sponsored by my friends at Just Thrive Probiotic!
You will never believe that these Vegan Cinnamon Rolls are better for you and under 200 calories! Soft, tender and perfectly sweet and spicy!
PIN Easy Dairy Free Gluten Free Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
Gluten free cinnamon rolls. Just like the ones your grandma used to make.
P-I-L-L-O-W-Y SOFT. Cinnamon game: STRONG. OOEY GOOEY DOUGHY CENTERS. And, baked with LOVE obviously.
Since I <3 <3 <3 you.
Also baked with secret probiotic ingredients that are you are gonna be SO SUPER EXCITED ABOUT. More on that later. <– The SUSPENSE.
I’m pretty confident that cinnamon rolls are one of the best memories about childhood, right? Whether you ate them in the form of POPPIN from a can or, like me, your grandma made them for every single breakfast gathering and you ate your weight in them, only to feel AWFUL but also AMAZING afterwards because, UHHH, SO MUCH CREAM CHEESE ICING, we all have memories of swirly, spicy-sweet rolls.
When I asked Grandma FFF for her cinnamon rolls recipe, you know what she said?
“I don’t have one. I just go by feel.”
UGH. Typical awesome-at-life-grandma who doesn’t need to write anything down causing Taylor to be grandma cinnamon-roll-less for the rest of her adult life.
Your teeth munch through the fluffy, airy spirals of soft bread while your tongue tingles with each fleck of spicy-sweet cinnamon and coconut sugar that is coming at it from EVERY ANGLE. <– If you wanna get crazy you can even make them gluten free vegan PUMPKIN cinnamon rolls!
And then the ooey, GOOEY, doughy center swirling into your hungry belly with a THICK layer of dairy free cream cheese frosting?
There’s a reason Mr. FFF ate 4 OF THESE EASY dairy free gluten free vegan cinnamon rolls at once.
Addicting. Crave-able. MAGICAL BITES OF CINNAMON BLISS.
How to make vegan cinnamon rolls
Making vegan cinnamon rolls is exactly like regular cinnamon rolls, except we’re using dairy-free versions of key ingredients like butter, cream cheese and yogurt!
You need to mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Then, the wet ingredients into a measuring cup and microwave it until it’s JUST 110-120 degrees. DO NOT GO HOTTER or you will KILL your yeast and then your dairy free cinnamon rolls won’t rise and you will BE SAD.
Mix it all together and let it sit for a bit before rolling it out, spreading it with a THICK layer of buttery goodness and crusting it with the perfect balance of sweet sugar and spicy cinnamon.
Cut-cut-cut time! I like to use dental floss to cut these dairy free gluten free vegan cinnamon rolls, because it’s makes PERFECT slices.
You’re almost there! Just give that dough a little rise time in a warm place and then you can bake, frost and EATTTTTTTTT.
Pro tip: turn your oven to 200 degrees, then turn it off and stick this vegan cinnamon roll recipe in there. PERFECT temperature for MAXIMUM fluffy, soft RISING action.
Has the probiotic suspense been killing you?
Lemme introduce you to Just Thrive Probiotic!
AKA: The probiotic that has actually changed our lives. Mostly Mr. FFF, since he struggles with MAJOR IBS. But, since we’re a package deal and his tummy/bowel issues affect both of us, it HAS changed both our lives (make sure you check out the giveaway at the bottom of the post!)
Just Thrive is the first and only 100% spore based probiotic that arrives alive in the small intestine and produces antioxidants! Most probiotics on the market today are made of lactobacillus and bifidobacteria which aren’t the greatest in the “stomach surviving” and “gut colonizing” departments. This is why many people find common probiotics ineffective.
Mr. FFF was in this category. Through our 5 years of marriage, we have tried A LOT OF THEM. Nothing helped. Still terrible IBS and spending hours upon hours in the bathroom daily. <– We’re adults here. We can real talk about stuff like this.
Just Thrive has a 21-day life cycle in the gut, where most probiotics just pass through like food. It can A-L-S-O reverse leaky gut in 30 days. <–!!!
It also doesn’t need to be refrigerated. When you think about, why do other probiotics need this? If they can’t stay alive at room temperature, what are they doing in our 98-degree bodies? YOU KNOW?
Facts are great and I want you to have them so you can be informed about your health! But, you guys, real-life stories are better.
He was skeptical at first, but Mr. FFF is literally a new person since taking Just Thrive regularly!! His digestion is SO much better, his bathroom times have been cut down and his bowels are healthier and he feels SO MUCH BETTER.
He even ate dairy products on your recent Dominican Republic vacation without feeling any negative side effects. That is SERIOUSLY amazing, since those things usually send him running for a bathroom within 10 minutes of eating!
Better yet, Just Thrive can withstand heat up to 455 degrees so you can BAKE WITH IT!
Yep. The probiotic possibilities are ENDLESS.
Honestly, just so pumped about finding this product and I want YOU to experience a life with healthy guts too! <3
Anddd what better place to start than face-planting into a stack of these ooey-gooey-covered-in-cream-cheese dairy free gluten free vegan cinnamon rolls?
Healthy guts filled with yummy cinnamon rolls. Winning at LIFE.
For the cinnamon rolls:
- 1 1/4 Cups Non GMO corchstarch (176g)*
- 1/2 Cup Oat flour, GF if needed (60g)
- 6 Tbsp White rice flour (56g)
- 2 tsp Xantham gum (make sure it's a vegan brand)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Red star platinum yeast (almost one package - don't use the whole package)
- 3 Capsules Just Thrive Probiotic
- 6 Tbsp Water
- 3 Tbsp Agave
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 Tbsp Dairy-free butter
- 1/4 Cup Dairy-free plain yogurt, at room temperature
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened applesauce, at room temperature
For the filling:
For the frosting:
- 6 Tbsp Dairy-free cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Sugar free powdered sugar (or regular)
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees. Once heated, turn it off. This will be where you let your buns rise.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients - the cornstarch, oat flour, rice flour, xantham gum, salt and yeast. Gently open the probiotic capsules and stir the powder inside into the mixture.
- In a microwave safe, measuring cup, heat the water, agave, almond milk and butter until it reaches 110-120 degrees F. You don’t want it hotter than that or it will kill the yeast. Add the mixture into the bowl with the flour, along with the yogurt and applesauce. Stir until the yogurt is well mixed and the dough is soft, and pretty sticky.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface (I use cornstarch) and knead for 3-4 minutes, until it just comes together. You'll need to keep adding cornstarch to the surface, a little at a time, so the dough doesn't stick. Don't knead too long, or they won't be as fluffy! Spray the bowl that it was in with cooking spray and place it back inside to let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Once the dough has rested, roll it on a lightly floured surface to a 14x8 inch rectangle. Spread the butter from the filling all over it.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut sugar, monkfruit and cinnamon. Spread all over the dough using your fingers to really rub it in.
- TIGHTLY roll the dough up and cut into 11 bigger buns, or 12 smaller. You can use a very sharp knife or, my favorite, dental floss. Just slide the floss under the dough, and then cross each side over top of each other at the top of the roll and pull down to make a smooth slice.
- Spray a 9 inch circular baking dish (I used a pie dish) with cooking spray and place the rolls inside. Cover lightly with tinfoil and let the buns rise in the heated oven for 90 minutes.
- Once risen, remove the buns from the oven and heat the oven to 375°. Bake the rolls for 20-22 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Then, lightly cover with tinfoil to prevent too much browning, and bake for an additional 6-10 minutes.
- While the buns bake, whisk together the softened cream cheese, vanilla, powdered sugar and almond milk until smooth.
- Pour the glaze over the buns and serve immediately!
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT JUST THRIVE PROBIOTIC. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
JUST THRIVE IS BEING FAB AND GIVING 2 OF YOU A CHANCE TO WIN A FULL MONTH’S SUPPLY OF THE PROBIOTIC CAPSULES! ENTRY IS SUPER SIMPLE, JUST USE THE WIDGET BELOW!
This giveaway will run from 4/25/2018 until 05/02/2018. 2 winners will be and contacted via email within 48 hours. The winners have 48 hours to claim their prize, or a new winner will be selected in their place. Open to residents of the USA and Canada only
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 8 POINTS+:6 . OLD POINTS: 5
(based off this recipe making 12 buns. If you use regular sugar/powdered sugar, add 35 calories and 10g of carbs per bun)