Just letting you know that this creamy bowl of coconut curry soup is sponsored by my friends over at Vitamix!
This easy curry coconut soup is made extra creamy with cauliflower and cashew cream! Top it with sweet potato noodles for a gluten free meal that is paleo friendly!
PIN Coconut Curry Soup
3 things that I am a gazillion % O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D with…blended all in O-N-E creamy-dreamy, magical soup EXPERIENCE.
Like, I’m not even gonna call slurping this spicy-sweet, thick and rich deliciosness a “bowl” of soup.
“Bowl” is too boring/common of a word. We’re straight-up calling this an EXPERIENCE.
A journey to the land of INSANELY delicious comfy-cozy-fall food for your taste buds, if you will.
I know it’s been kind of a cozy-comfy-fall food journey for the last week here on FFF, since we had vegan sloppy joes and PUMPKIN SPICE (yea, already went there) paleo cookies last week. But, I live for fall flavors.
I COULD pretend that I love to eat light and healthy summer-type salads all day long. But, if I dig down WAY deep inside my TRUE real-life-honest self, I just want to eat bowls of scalloped sweet potatoes, paleo pecan pie bars, and anything cinnamony-sweet with pumpkin spice. Healthy pumpkin cheesecake bars, I’m looking at Y-O-U.
There is something about the food that comes out when the leaves fall that makes my taste buds do the same:
Fall. Off my HEAD.
Now that we have that out of the way, I have a VRY VRY important life question for you: are you ready to get your slurpety-slurp onnn?
Becaus-eeee that is bayyyysically all you are going to want to do when you simmer a little cauliflower to soft, tender yumminess, chuck in a good DOSE of spicy, flavor-poppin’ curry powder, mix and mingle a little superthick, ubercreamy cashew cream sauce into that already-epic list of good-things and then BUZZZZZ it all up in your Vitamix to make this thai coconut curry soup. <–Did you know that the Vitamix can make ready-to-serve, SUPER hot soups in under 10 minutes? I just ran mine for JUST 2-3 minutes and it was PIPING hot yo’! Loooooove.[Tweet “#Vegan Cauliflower Coconut Curry Soup w/ Sweet Potato Noodles is perfect for cold nights! @Vitamix”]
Did I mention a generous pile of tender-crisp, coconut-scented spiralized sweet potato noodles sitting inside the middle of the experience that is a bowl of veggie-packed velvety-smooth soup heaven? Do you remember the goodness of the creamy healthy carbonara with sweet potato noodles?
They’re adding a crazy addicting texture component that your cozy-food-loving-self is going to be DEAD over.
Dead in a good way though. Just FYI.
Speaking of the BUZZZ-in-your-Vitamix, I’m excited to partner with them and 4 other ridiculously talented bloggers to bring you 5 delicious soup recipes that feed your warm-food-craving-mouths this season. I’m pretty much debating living off soup for the next week just so I can do a little spoon –> mouth action with ALL these. SO SO good right now.
In other extremely delicious news: have you ever made the VRY solid life choice to put cashew cream in a coconut curry SOUP? We’ve done nut-creams-in-soups ONCE before with the Moroccan cauliflower soup, but usually we cashew cream things like with berry cashew cream no-bake bars, and paleo cookies pizza with cashew cream, but those were all desserts. Cashew cream longs to trickle its thick and creamy, nutty-delicious self in ALL your meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner. ALL OF THEM.
It’s kinda needy. And we’ve giving into it by using it in a lunch-OR-dinner application.
Aaaaaand doing so swirls in a luscious richness that takes this soup OVER THE TOP, HOLY DELICIOUS. LIKE-WHOA-HOW-IS-THIS-SO-GOOD-RIGHT-NOW?!
On the yum-o-meter (it’s a real thing) we’re scorin’ an eleventy billion and SIX right now.
In the words of Shakira: my taste buds don’t lieeeeee.
I might have adapted that line to fit the blog post a little bit.
We do what have to dooooo.
Which is also swimming around in bowl of spicy-sweet cauliflower coconut curry soup and EATING our way out.
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp Garlic minced
- 1/2 Tbsp Fresh ginger minced
- 5 Cups Cauliflower cut into florets (about 1 lb of florets)
- 1 Large onion roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp Yellow curry powder
- 2 tsp Coconut sugar
- 2 tsp Sea salt
- Generous sprinkle of pepper
- 1 oz Can Light coconut milk * 13.5
For the sweet potato noodles:
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 2 Medium sweet potatoes peeled and spiralized with the 3mm blade (about 450g)
For the cashew cream:
- 1 Cup Toasted cashews soaked in water at least 6 hours (140g) + additional, for garnish **(read notes!)
- 3/4 Cup + 1 Tbsp Water
- Cilantro for garnish
- Heat the coconut oil up in a large pan on medium-high heat. Add in the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, just 30 seconds or so.
- Add in the cauliflower, onion, curry powder, sugar, salt and pepper and stir until the veggies are evenly coated in the spice mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is fork-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the coconut milk into the pot, stir and cover. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer 10 minutes.
- While the sauce simmers, heat the remaining 1 Tbsp of coconut oil in a separate large pan on medium heat. Add in the sweet potato noodles, toss to evenly coat in the oil and cook, stirring occasionally, until the noodles wilt and become fork tender.
- Drain the water from the cashews and place the cashews into your Vitamix. Add the 3/4 Cup + 1 Tbsp water and blend until smooth and creamy. I find it's best to start the Vitamix at the lowest speed and slowly turn to the highest speed. This gets the smoothest blend.
- Add the entire coconut milk/cauliflower mixture into the Vitamix. Turn the Vitamix to the "soup" setting and blend until smooth.
- Divide the soup between bowls, followed by the sweet potato noodles. Garnish with chopped cashews and cilantro.
Tips & Notes:
**I buy my cashews pre-toasted. Don't skip toasting the cashews, as it adds a lot of flavor. You can spread un-toasted cashews on a small baking sheet in a 350 degree oven and cook until lightly brown, if you need to toast them. Do this BEFORE soaking.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT VITAMIX. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Don’t forget to enter the Vitamix giveaway!
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: Points+: 11. Old Points: 9. SmartPoints: 7
(Based off 6 servings)
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! ????
Want more cozy, vegan curry?