Just letting you know that this blackberry-licious salad is sponsored by my friends over at Driscoll’s! The makers of fresh, juicy and delicious berries!
This quinoa salad recipe has cucumber noodles, fresh mint, blackberries and a creamy almond vinaigrette! It’s a light healthy, vegan meal for spring!
I can still kind of taste each sweet-tart burst of glossy, juicy-fresh blackberry on my tongue…
As it’s on its way down to fill my hungry belly and it’s mingling together with crispy-refreshing cucumber noodles, waltzing around my mouth with creamy-dreamy-smoooooth almond butter and ends with a little tangy red wine PUNCH.
And I’m not mad about it. Like, at all.
This quinoa salad recipe is sort of all the good things that define “delicious food”jam-packed and crunched into a bowl of love and health and light-good-for-you-spring meal vibes.
It’s sort of one of those combos that you taste on your tongue and then wish that life had a “repeat” button that you could press overandoverandoverandover again. <— Should we invent that? I need some business partners. Identify your willing selves in the comments.
Anyway. Blackberries. You love them yea? You put them on your Sunday morning gluten free pancakes, you put ‘em on your gluten free chocolate cake and you’ve probably been to the land of blackberry cobbler a few times in your years roaming this floating blue circle that we affectionately call “Earth.”
Butbutbutbut, hold onto your brains peeps, because they are ABOUT TO GET BLOWN.
*Necessary suspenseful pause*
Have you ever eaten blackberries in a SAVORY way?
Thasssss what I thought.
Because of our internet BFF status, I know the inner workings of your brain. Which means I can make a fairly good hypothesis (smart word!) that you are in the circle of comforting-life that includes all the people of the world who have their brain marked “blackberries + sweet food = only wat to eat them.” Aaaand, Driscoll’s is IN THE KNOW about your wrong-thinking ways too.
You know what they say right? Life begins at the edge of your comfort circle. Or something like that.
You’ve seen Driscoll’s. You know their uber-juicy berries the MOMENT that you see their fresh and organic beautiful little selves sitting pretty in your grocery store. Driscoll’s blackberries are at the PEAK of their season right now, which is why it’s time to savory-sweet-blackberry ALL THE THINGS.
Your face is included in “all the things.” Liiike, sweet, vibrant blackberries –> straight into yo’ mouth. It’s a good idea. Just FYI.
But, good ideas in the form of savory-sweet salad-izing yo’ blackberries are also on your VERY IMMEDIATE horizon. Both are equal on the good life choices that you should make scale.
There’s this magical thing that happens to sweet-tart blackberries when they enter a relationship with tangles of swirly-twirly, crispy-fresh cucumber noodles, tender-chewy quinoa and then dance around with a gingery, creamy almond butter vinaigrette. I can really only describe it as B-L-I-S-S that nourishes every single bit of your delicious AND healthy food loving soul, and make you feel, like, EXTREMELY good about the choices that you just made re: food. And life.
Baaaaasically all the choices that you have ever made? They all come to a high point in one bite of this creamy, chewy and crispy, texture-packed quinoa salad recipe.
If you chose to accept my savory-sweet invitation into the land of delicious things, a bowl of this salad could be a defining moment in your LIFE.
No exaggeration. Just real, nutrition-packed, delicious, LIFE-CHANGING things coming at your mouth.
SRSLY. Why are you still here?
Go forth and take hold of your BEST SELF!
Or, just make yourself a bowl of this blackberry quinoa salad recipe and be a happy healthy person for all the evers left in yo’ life.
Cucumber Quinoa Salad Recipe with Blackberries, Mint and Almond Vinaigrette
For the Salad:
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Quinoa uncooked
- 1/4 Cup Slivered almonds
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp Fresh mint minced
- 3/4 tsp Salt or to taste
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 Large cucumber spiralized with the 3mm blade.
- 2 ounces packages Driscoll’s Blackberries 6 each
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/4 Cup Natural creamy almond butter
- 2 Tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Agave
- 2 tsp Fresh ginger minced
- 2 Tbsp Extra-Virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a large pot, bring the water to a boil. Once boiling, add in the quinoa, stir, and then cover the pot and reduce the heat to low. Cook until the quinoa has absorbed the water, about 15-20 minutes. Once cooked, transfer the quinoa to a large bowl and place into the refrigerator to chill for 10-15 minute.
- While the quinoa chills, place the slivered almonds on a small pan and place into the oven. Bake until lightly golden brown and toasted, about 7-10 mins. Watch them closely, as they burn quickly. Set aside.
- Once chilled, add the mint, salt, and pepper to the quinoa and stir until evenly mixed.
- Place the cucumber noodles on a paper towel and squeeze out as much moisture as you possibly can. Additionally, gently break apart any long noodles to make serving easier.
- Place the cucumber noodles into the quinoa and toss until well mixed.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, melt the almond butter until smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds - 1 minute. Then, stir in the red wine vinegar, agave and ginger until well mixed.
- While whisking, stream in the olive oil until well Incorporated into the vinaigrette. Finally, whisk in the almond milk and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the quinoa and toss until the quinoa is well coated and creamy.
- Gently toss in the blackberries and toasted almonds.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT DRISCOLL’S. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: SmartPoints: 6 Points+: 6. Old Points: 4
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more healthy quinoa recipes?
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!