Just a heads up that this low carb paleo zucchini lasagna is sponsored by my friends at ButcherBox!
You will never know this low carb paleo zucchini lasagna is gluten/grain/dairy free, low carb and whole30 compliant! You won’t even miss the cheese and pasta!
PIN Low Carb Paleo Zucchini Lasagna
There comes a moment in every person’s life when they put on their winning-at-life pants and make a seemingly impossible thing happen.
This gluten, grain, dairy AND sugar free lasagna, that also happens to be LOW CARB, whole30 friendly and packed with vegetables (although maybe not as many vegetables as the spaghetti squash lasagna) is YOUR MOMENT.
Reach out and GRAB IT.
And by “it” I mean your fork. So that you can shovel face-fulls of this low carb paleo zucchini lasagna into your hungry mouth at record speed.
When we have a plate of vegetables and protein that has ALL the rich, meaty, saucey AND CHEESY flavor profiles that one expects from a lasagna binge-sesh, it’s really the ONLY way to eat.
SRSLY. You GUYS. I can’t even handle the fact that we have a cheese less low carb zucchini lasagna that, in FACT, tastes like cheese, except – PYSCH – the cheesy vibes of GLORY come from CASHEWS.
It worked to make vegan broccoli cheese soup and it works TIMES 10 in these layers of tender zucchini noodles, SAUCY tomatoes, a FLAVORFUL and MEATY pork and beef combo that is about to ROCK YOUR TASTE BUDS like WHOA, and pops of fresh, herb-acious (word?) parsley in E-V-E-R-Y addictive, CRAVE-ABLE bite.
Can you even believe the fact that we made ricotta cheese out of cashews? CAN YOU IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES?!
Anyway.[clickToTweet tweet=”No one will believe this delicious #whole and #paleo zucchini lasagna is dairy free! @ButcherBox #glutenfree #lowcarb” quote=”No one will believe this delicious #whole and #paleo zucchini lasagna is dairy free! @ButcherBox #glutenfree #lowcarb” theme=”style2″]
This is one of those recipes made from love. Which, really, is all recipes since I make good food for you ‘cause I love ya. HUGS.
Buuuut, I also quite love Mr. FFF. And, Mr. FFF happens to <3<3<3 lasagna (and me too. Just FYI.) How-EV-er, the huberoni in question can’t eat dairy, and his stomach doesn’t handle grains SO WELL. I was HALF WAY across the finish line with banishing the grains in the Mexican zucchini lasagna and mason jar zucchini lasagnas, but there was STILL CHEESE.
Until this moment. The moment that a low carb paleo zucchini lasagna was created.
IE: The moment that has changed the face of lasagna to the end of TIME.
Which might sound like an exaggeration. But, really, IT IS NOT.
I told him I was attempting this feat of nature and he:
- Was suspicious. <– Probably like you. I mean a paleo zucchini lasagna with no noodles or cheese? WHAT THE WHAT.
- Put on his good husband hat (not a real hat that he has. I made it up) and BELIEVED IN ME.
- Made me PROMISE that I would use some ground Italian sausage because, according to his lasagna making prowess (he’s never made lasagna) that is the ONLY way to do it.
So, I LISTENED.
Internet BFF’s, where has homemade Italian sausage been all my life?
Literally SO MUCH flavor packed into this meat which, in combo with the ground beef, is adding a MEGA dose of serious yumminess to our plate of veggies and not-cheese-but-still-totally-cheesy low carb paleo zucchini lasagna sensations.
P.s do NOT skip the fennel seeds in the pork. It’s the KEY to making delicious sausage!
I used ButcherBox grass-fed ground pork and ground beef because I love knowing that I can trust them for SUPER yummy, but also the highest quality. meat. They sell beef, chicken AND pork that is Grass-fed and Grass-finished and/or Free Range!
What I also think is PRETTY NIFTY about ButcherBox is that it’s a subscription service and it comes RIGHT TO YOUR DOOR. Yummy, good-for-you meats just WAITING to be made into this lasagna.
All of the busy people of the world, with no time to shop, REJOICE.
You just gotta sign up for $129 per month, which gets ya 8-11 pounds of ah-MAY-zing Grass-fed meat, which can create around 20-28 individual meals. You GUYS. That is A LOT of meals for not a lot of money. <– You can also change your frequency if you don’t want once a month, or cancel WHENEVER for NO penalties
PLUUUUUUS, because you’re reading this post, you will get $10 off your first box PLUS some FREE BACON.
Free. Bacon. More exciting words were NEVER typed.
ButcherBox totally joins my carnivorous tummy with my nourishing-food-loving heart in one grass-fed HUG. <– sounds awkward. BUT YOU GET IT.
I see you standing there, looking mighty fine I might add, in your winning-at-life-pants.
The next logical step is to put those pants into action.
It’s NO NOODLE LASAGNA TIME BABY.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Pizza low carb lasagna with zucchini noodles
For the zucchini noodles:
- 5 Large zucchinis, *
- 1 Tbsp Sea salt
For the meat:
- 1/2 Lb Butcher Box Ground Grass Fed Pork
- 1/2 Lb Butcher Box Ground Grass Fed Beef **
- 1 Cup Onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp Fresh garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
For the "cheese" ***
- 2 Cups Raw cashews, soaked in water overnight (280g)
- 2 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 6 Tbsp Water
- 3/4 Cup Tomato sauce
- 3/4 Cup Crushed tomaotes
- 1/2 Cup Fresh parsley, minced + additional for garnish
- 1/2 Tbsp Fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Dried parsley
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 3/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Fennel Seed
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp Minced onion
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and rub a 9x13 inch baking dish with olive oil.
- Using a mandolin, slice the zucchini into thin slices, about 1/8 inch thick. Lay them out flat onto 2 cookie sheets and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp salt (it's okay if some zoodles overlap on the pan)
- Bake them for 15-25 minutes, until just lightly beginning to brown, to get all the moisture out.
- Mix all the spice blend ingredients together and then mix HALF of it with the pork (the spice blend makes enough for 1 lb of ground pork)
- While the zoodles cook, heat a large pan on medium/high heat. Add in the seasoned ground sausage, beef, diced onion, and garlic. Cook until the onion is soft and the meat is almost totally browned, about 7-10 minutes. Add in the Italian seasoning, oregano, salt and a pinch of pepper and cook until golden. Set aside.
- Drain the cashews and place them a large, high-powered processor, along with the lemon juice and spices. Pulse until the cashews are broken down. With the food processor running, stream in the water and blend until smooth. You will need to stop the food processor a lot and scrape down the sides to get the cashews broken down. If it's not 100% totally smooth, it's totally okay! Set aside,
- Finally, mix the tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes in a medium bowl.
- Once the zucchini are out of the oven, turn the temperature to 375. Then, transfer them to a long piece of paper towel. Cover with another piece of paper towel, and gently press out as much excess moisture as you can. Repeat with another paper towel on top (you can leave them on the same paper towel, just use a new one on top to press out the moisture.)
- Start by pouring half the sauce mixture on the bottom, spreading out evenly, followed by half the meat. Layer half the zucchini noodles in a single layer, lightly overlapping them, followed by half the cheese mixture. Gently spread out the cheese to "seal in" in the zoodles. Then, sprinkle half the parsley on top.
- Repeat the same layers.
- Cover the pan with tinfoil and bake until the edges of the lasagna are golden brown, about 40-45 minutes. Then, uncover and cook and additional 10-15 minutes until the top layer of "cheese" is lightly browned and set. OPTIONAL: broil for 1-3 minutes if you want the top really browned.
- Garnish with extra parsley and DEVOUR!
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT BUTCHERBOX. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Keep in touch with ButcherBox on social media for more delicious ideas: Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/ Pinterest
Remember to check out ButcherBox by clicking HERE to get $10 off your first box and FREE BACON. Then you can make this low carb paleo zucchini lasagna! WOO!
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 10 POINTS+:10 . OLD POINTS: 9
(per 1/8 of the lasagna)
Leave a Comment