Live a little with these eggless sugar cookies that are just the right amount of soft, chewy, and sweet! Perfect for any holiday season!
Oh nothing to see here…
JUST THE BEST, MOST CHEWIEST AND PERFECTLY SWEET SUGAR COOKIES – WITH NO EGGS – that you ever will eat!
Sorry for the caps, but I just had to yell.
You guys. These are the REAL DEAL. I think I even like them better than my gluten dairy free vegan sugar cookies. And probably more than low sugar healthy sugar cookies
Probably on account of REAL BUTTER and ALL PURPOSE FLOUR.
But, friends, it’s the Holiday season and you HAVE to live a little. And living means making these not-as-healthified-as-usual cookies and being VERY happy about your cookie-making-life choices.
The BEST Texture
Here at FFF, we’re ALL about the cookies. We’ve got chocolate quinoa cookies and almond flour shortbread cookies, not to mention TONS of cookie recipes that suit your dietary needs and preferences, like flourless gluten free chocolate cookies and these egg free sugar cookies I have for you today! The texture of these cookies is lightly crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside- I mean, what more could you want from a sugar cookie!?
What is in Eggless Sugar Cookies instead of Eggs?
If you or someone you love follows a vegan diet, these cookies can easily made vegan! We’ve already removed the eggs to take care of that. Eggs, however, are usually an important ingredient in the cookie-baking world because they are binding- they hold the ingredients together! For today’s recipe, we used another great binding ingredient that ALSO provides sweetness, moisture, and flavor to these sugar cookies without eggs: applesauce! That’s right, if you have store bought or homemade applesauce kicking around your kitchen, it’s surely a sign that it’s time to whip up a batch of sugar cookies!
How to make No Egg Sugar Cookies
Turn on the oven and allow it to heat up. Meanwhile, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
Add the butter and some of the sugar in a bowl with a hand mixer until it’s smooth and fluffy. Add in the extracts and apple sauce and continue beating until everything is well incorporated.
Add the remaining ingredients on your list and stir to combine, using a wooden spoon.
Cover your bowl of dough and allow it to chill in the fridge for a bit.
Once the dough is chilled, form it into small balls and roll them each in some sugar on a small plate. Place them on the baking sheet!
Bake the cookies until they are just starting to turn golden on the edges, then pull them from the oven to cool on a wire rack.
Serve them up and enjoy!
Sugar Cookie Tips
- Weigh your Flour: It’s ALWAYS important to measure your flour for the best results in baking. Better yet, if you have a kitchen weighing scale, I recommend weighing the flour!
- Don’t skip the Chilling: It might seem like a silly step, but I assure you, chilling your cookie dough is worth it! It’ll result in that crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside texture that can’t be beat!
How to make them ahead
Cookies are one of the BEST make-ahead treats, and these eggless sugar cookies are no exception! You can easily make them ahead of time to enjoy later. Simply make the dough, roll it into balls, then freeze the balls on a cookie sheet until solid. Transfer them to a zip locked freezer bag and store them until you’re ready to bake them. Allow the cookie dough balls to thaw to almost room temperature before baking for best results!
More Eggless Treats!
- Pumpkin Spice Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Five Spice Eggless Vegan Zucchini Bread
- Best Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 5 Tbsp Unsalted butter, softened to room temperature (or vegan butter)
- 1/3 Cup + 2 Tbsp Raw organic cane sugar, divided (or regular white sugar)
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Almond extract (optional but recommended)
- 1 Cup All purpose flour (140g)*
- 1 1/2 Tsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat the butter and 1/3 cup of sugar until soft and fluffy.
- Add in the applesauce and extracts and beat until mixed.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Once chilled, spread the remaining 2 Tbsp of sugar into a small plate. Roll the cookie dough into 1 Tbsp sized balls, rolling them in the sugar and placing them on the baking sheet.
- Press the balls down JUST slightly, you want them taller than they are wide, and bake until the edges are JUST beginning to brown – about 10-12 minutes. They set up a lot as they cool!
- Cool completely on the pan and DEVOUR!
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOKAND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment