Just wanted to let you know that these Coconut Ice Cream bars are sponsored by my friends over at Swell, The Next Wave of Ice Cream
These easy, 5 ingredient Almond Joy Ice Cream Bars are a healthier, protein packed Summer dessert that is gluten free and sure to be a hit!
PIN Almond Joy Coconut Ice Cream Bars
Aaaand the almond joy obsession continues.
Whether it’s some salted almond joy no bake bars, homemade paleo almond joy bars or crispy no bake almond joy bars, there is something about the combination of tropical coconut, crispy, sweet chocolate and toasty almonds that just makes me heart beat a little faster.
You know the butterflies you get in your stomach on your first date? ME WHEN FACED WITH ANYTHING ALMOND JOY FLAVORED.
Don’t tell Mr. FFF he has competition. <– Then again, he probably already knows this.
Anyway. THESE creamy-dreamy almond joy chocolate coconut bars are pushing all other chocolate-coconut-almond combinations out the window on account of:
- Being SUPER crazy easy with only as many ingredients as you have fingers.
- Not requiring summer-melting-you to turn on the oven and risk melting even FURTHER.
I like you in your normal-human-shape. I want to keep you that way.
- Chocolate, coconut and almond. Liiike, DUH
- Being made with PROTEIN PACKED ice cream.
Internet friends out there in the real world. The heavens have opened, and angels are singing. Ice cream with PROTEIN is a real thing that exists in the universe and I can’t confirm or deny that I have eaten a full pint for M-A-N-Y dinners.
That is the one benefit of not having a husband during the week. Ice-cream dinners ALL AROUND.
Now that you’ve been holding your breath in suspense, wondering what magical frosty goodness I am alluding to with these coconut ice cream bars, lemme just introduce you to your newest summer obsession: Swell, The Next Wave of Ice Cream!
Swell Ice Cream is basically your Summer life saver because it’s perfectly creamy and sososo SMOOOOOTH, just like a good ice-cream should be. BUTBUTBUT it:
- FUELS your body because it is an EXCELLENT protein source at 10g (!!!!) of protein per ½ cup (with only 120 calories – no matter what flavor you try! They’re ALL the same!)
- Has a clean nutrition label with high-quality, non-GMO ingredients, and is made with rBGH and rBST-free-dairy. They don’t skimp on quality OR taste!
- Soy free, certified gluten free, certified OU-D kosher and low glycemic!
Did I even mention the RIDICULOUSLY amazing flavors it comes in? Dark Chocolate Toffee, Chocolate Chip Cookie Batter and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, just to name a few.
Aaaaaand now you’re running out the door to find some Swell Ice Cream.
I knew you were smart.
These coconut bars are made of Coconut Swell Ice Cream sandwiched between a sticky-sweet crust made from crunchy almonds and chewy dates, with a HEFTY drizzle of rich, DEEP dark chocolate and a crowing jewel almond, which baaaasically makes these frozen little treats QUEEN.
Queen of the ice cream bar world. Queen of summer-food-eating you. QUEEN OF ALL THINGS MEGA DELICIOUS AND TASTY IN YOUR LIFE.
As your tongue tingles with (low sugar! Protein PACKED!) frosty swirls of coconut bliss, you might just find yourself reaching for a second. And a third. And a fourth.
But when something that feels SO WRONG is actually SOSO RIGHT?
I might just have to fight ya for the last one.
For the crust:
- 2/3 Cup Raw almonds (93g)
- 1/2 Cup Dates, roughly chopped and loosely packed (70g)
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Water
For the topping:
- 2 Cartons Swell Coconut Ice Cream, partially thawed *
- 16 Raw Almonds
- 2 Oz Dark chocolate
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang to use as a handle.
- Place the almonds into a large food processor and pulse until broken down and crumble. Add in the dates and pulse until combined and the mixture begins to form a crumbly dough. Add in the cocoa powder and pulse until mixed.
- With the food processor running, stream in the water until well mixed.
- Press the crust firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan. You need to press it very thin, so really use your muscle and work it in there. Place into the freezer while you make the topping.
- While the crust chills, empty the Swell cartons into a large bowl and use an electric hand mixer to beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Spread the ice cream over the crust and freeze until firm, about 4 hours
- Once firm, remove from the pan and cut into 16 bars. Place one almond on the middle of each bar. Place back into the freezer to firm up for 30 minutes or so. You want them nice and chilled.
- Once frozen, place the chocolate into a microwave-safe container and microwave on half power using 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle each bar with the chocolate and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Place into the freezer for a few minutes to set the chocolate.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT SWELL ICE CREAM. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Stay in touch with Swell Ice Cream on social media for other tasty recipes:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 4 POINTS+: 3 . OLD POINTS:2
(per 1 bar.)