Chewy and perfectly nutty Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies that will satisfy your sweet tooth craving with a twist on this classic!
We’re going CLASSIC today.
Just simple and CLASSIC peanut butter cookies but with a healthy little almond flour twist that is gonna make your taste buds SO HAPPY.
These cookies are somewhere between the peanut butter oatmeal banana cookies and sugar free peanut butter cookies in texture. But then a little bit like almond flour oatmeal cookies because, you know, almond flour!
Less muffin like than the banana cookies but a little less dense than the chickpea cookies….basically, they are PERFECTION.
Why these are the BEST Cookies ever
There are A LOT of things that get me excited about the Christmas season and all that comes with it! Cooler weather, cozy sweaters, and ALL the cookies my heart desires! I love me a big plate of paleo healthy gingerbread cookies or brown butter oatmeal cookies and definitely won’t say no to these keto peanut butter cookies with almond flour that I have for you today! They are perfectly chewy and satisfyingly sweet, but they’re also packed with protein (thank you peanut butter and almond flour!) and are a great healthy treat for ANYTIME of day- yes, breakfast included!
top tips for making
Whipping up a batch of low carb peanut butter cookies is always a good idea, trust me! Here are a few tips to make these cookies the BEST they can be:
- When buying some peanut butter for this recipe, I recommend using the non-stir variety, as everything is already mixed up and the oil is well incorporated into the nut butter.
- Use an electric hand mixer for best results! A wooden spoon will work, but a mixer really helps to blend all the ingredients together, resulting in smooth cookie dough and chewier cookies!
- Don’t make the cookies too long- you’ll want them to feel set but it’s okay if they’re still soft. This will ensure they are super chewy, just the way you like them.
How to make Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
Fire up your oven and allow it to preheat. Add a layer of parchment paper to a cookie sheet and set aside.
In a large bowl, add the peanut butter and coconut sugar and beat until they are smooth. Add in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla and beat once again until combined.
Stir in the remaining ingredients until well incorporated.
Using a cookie scoop or your hands, form small balls with the cookie dough and place them on the prepared cookie sheet. Press them out a little bit with damp hands.
Bake your cookies for 13-15 minutes or until they are set but soft. Remove the pan from the oven and allow them to fully cool on the pan. DEVOUR!
If you’re not the biggest peanut butter fan, no problem! You can easily substitute in some almond butter into this keto peanut butter cookies recipe instead and the results will still be fabulous! I also suggest that you get creative with some add-ins for this recipe. Chop up some peanuts, walnuts, or macadamia nuts to throw in, or a handful of chocolate chips to take these cookies to the next level!
Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies FAQ
Is coconut flour or almond flour better for these cookies?
Definitely almond flour. These two types of flour are very different, so I do not recommend using coconut flour as it will make the cookies drier and quite dense!
How long do peanut butter cookies keep?
Peanut butter cookies will last about 3-5 days on the counter at room temperature, or up to a few months if stored in the freezer!
For this recipe, I have not tried using another flour, but feel free to use another nut flour such as macadamia or hazelnut! I do not recommend using coconut flour as it soaks up too much moisture.
Other delicious and healthy almond flour recipes
- Low carb sugar free sugar cookies with almond flour
- Gluten free paleo lemon poppy seed muffins with almond flour
- Gluten free almond flour shortbread cookies
- 1 Cup No-stir natural Peanut Butter (256g)
- 1 1/4 Cup Coconut sugar, packed (or brown sugar)
- 1 Large egg
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour (78g)*
- 3/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the peanut butter with the coconut sugar using an electric hand mixer. Add in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla and beat until well mixed.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients until well mixed.
- Scoop into 1 Tbsp sized balls and place on the pan, dressing out about 1/2 inch thick. You may need to use lightly damp hands to press them out.
- Bake 13-15 minutes until the cookies feel set but soft. Let cool completely on the pan.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!