Coconut Curry Soup
This Coconut Curry Soup is the perfect bowl of comfort to fill up on! So creamy and flavorful - it's a perfect, healthy meal!
Servings 6 Cups
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 2 Cups Broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 Cup Carrot, sliced
- 1/2 Cup Onion, diced
- 1 Red pepper, Thinly sliced or roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp Fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Brown or coconut sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp Fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Can Fire roasted diced tomatoes (14.5oz)
- 1 Cup Chicken broth
- 1 tsp Fish sauce
- 8 Oz Chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 Can Full fat coconut milk (14.5 oz)
- 2/3 Cup Cilantro, roughly chopped
Heat the coconut oil in a large pot on medium high heat. Once melted, add in the broccoli, carrots, onion and red pepper and cook until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
Add in the paste, garlic, sugar, salt and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 2 mins.
Add in all the remaining ingredients except the coconut milk and cilantro and stir to combine.
Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot and simmer until the chicken is cooked, about 20 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the coconut milk and cilantro.
Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 1185mg | Potassium: 561mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 5371IU | Vitamin C: 61mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 3mg