Balsamic Grilled Vegetable Salad
This quick and easy balsamic grilled vegetable salad is marinated in topped with sun dried tomatoes and feta cheese. Healthy, gluten free and delish!
Servings 2 People, as a side
- 3/4 Cup Roasted red peppers from a jar, sliced (About 1 ½ full peppers)
- 1 1/2 Cups Asparagus, broken into large pieces
- 1 1/2 Cups Cups Zucchini, sliced (about 1 large zucchini)
- 1/2 Cup Red onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tsp Oil from a jar of oil-packed sun dried tomatoes
- Pinch of salt/pepper
- 1/2 tsp Capers, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 tsp Garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp Sun dried-tomatoes, roughly chopped, plus additional for garnish. (optional)
- 1/4 Cup Reduced-fat Feta cheese, crumbled
- Fresh basil, minced (for garnish)
Add the sliced roasted red pepper, asparagus, sliced zucchini and chopped red onion into a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the ¼ cup Balsamic vinegar, 2 tsps oil and pinch of salt and pepper. Pour over the vegetables, mixing well. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Once the vegetables have marinated, preheat your grill to medium/high heat and place a grill basket on top.
Place the vegetables into the grill basket, reserving the balsamic vinegar mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly charred.
While the vegetables grill, combine the reserved Balsamic Vinegar mixture with ½ tsp capers, ½ tsp garlic and sun dried tomatoes in a small food processor. Process until well combined (you may still have some small tomato chunks – this is fine.)
Place the grilled veggies in a bowl and toss with the balsamic vinaigrette. Garnish with additional sun dried tomatoes, capers, crumbled feta cheese and fresh basil.
Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 8.7g | Saturated Fat: 2.7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3.4g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 942mg | Potassium: 1134mg | Fiber: 7.7g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Vitamin C: 103mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 18mg