Easy Sautéed Shrimp
Succulent, easy sautéed shrimp can be enjoyed on their own or as a side dish. Healthy and, with the mix of spices, exploding with taste.
Prep Time 5 minutes minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes minutes
4 minutes minutes
Servings 2 people
- ½ lb large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- pinch salt and pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp butter cold
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- bunch of parsley
Peel and devein shrimps. Leave the tail on. Once the shrimp are clean, pat dry with a paper towel and place in a mixing bowl.
Combine the spices in a small bowl and mix well. Marinate the shrimp with the spices and olive oil.
Heat a skillet on HIGH then add the marinated shrimp in one even layer. Sautee for 2 minutes then flip the shrimp and cook for another 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the cold butter.
Transfer the sauteed shrimp to a plate and garnish with lemon wedges and parsley. Enjoy!
- To avoid rubbery shrimp, don't overcook the shrimp. Don’t cook them for more than 4 minutes. Your shrimp are ready when they turn light pink.
- Shop for large, fresh shrimp. Large shrimp are labeled as 31 to 40 counts per pound. If you are looking for a sustainable choice, go for shrimp that are wild-caught.
Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0.5g | Cholesterol: 316mg | Sodium: 1377mg | Potassium: 332mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0.3g | Vitamin A: 1750IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 136mg | Iron: 1mg