Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
Servings 5 Cups
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Cup Onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Large apple, cubed (200g)
- 3 Heaping Cups Butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (425g)
- 2 Cups Vegetable broth (not reduced sodium)
- 1/2 Cup Light canned coconut milk
Heat the oil in the Instant Pot on sautee mode. Add in the onion, cinnamon, ginger, cumin and salt. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add in the apple, squash and broth. Cover and make sure the lid is set to sealing. Cook on manual high pressure for 8 minutes. Let pressure release naturally.
Once the pressure has released, transfer the soup to a high powered blender, such as a Blendtec, and add the coconut milk. Blend until smooth and creamy.
Calories: 115kcal | Carbohydrates: 21.7g | Protein: 1.7g | Fat: 3.5g | Saturated Fat: 1.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1.3g | Sodium: 858mg | Potassium: 421mg | Fiber: 4.9g | Sugar: 8.3g | Vitamin A: 176IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 5.7mg | Iron: 6.2mg