Fresh Corn Feta Salad
This Fresh Corn Feta Salad is a gluten free, healthy no-cook Summer meal with the BEST mint vinaigrette! Even picky husbands love this salad!
Servings 2 People
For the dressing:
- 1 Tbsp + 2 tsp Fresh lemon juice (about 1 medium lemon)
- 2 Tbsp Reduced-sodium chicken or veggie broth
- 1 tsp Tahini
- 1 tsp Honey mustard
- 1/4 Cup Fresh mint leaves, tightly packed (5g)
- 1/8 tsp Sea salt
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
For the salad:
- 2 Cups Baby spinach and arugula blend, tightly packed
- 1 Cup Fresh sweet white corn, (about 2 husked small ears of corn of 145g)
- 1 Cup Cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 1/2 Oz Feta cheese
- 1 Small Avocado, sliced (about 80g)
- Pinch of salt
To make the dressing:
Combine all the ingredients for the dressing, except the oil, in a small food processor (mine is 3 cups) and process until broken down and well mixed.
With the food processor running, stream in the oil until well mixed.
Divide the spinach/arugula mix between two bowls and chop it up.
Use a sharp knife to cut the kernels from the cobs and divide between the bowls, followed by the tomato, feta and avocado.
Divide the dressing between both bowls, followed by a pinch of salt.
Mix and DEVOUR!
Calories: 493kcal | Carbohydrates: 29.7g | Protein: 9.4g | Fat: 40.3g | Saturated Fat: 8.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 25.1g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 492mg | Potassium: 685mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 64.7IU | Vitamin C: 51.4mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 15mg