Vegan Paleo Broccoli Cashew Salad
This Vegan Paleo Broccoli Cashew Salad is jazzed up with a curried cashew cream dressing. It's a quick, easy and healthy side that's always a crowd pleaser!
Servings 4 People, as a side
For the dressing:
- 3/4 Cup Roasted, Salted Cashews soaked in water overnight (105g)
- 5 1/2 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tsp Yellow curry powder
- 2 1/2 tsp Honey (or agave for vegan)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Pinch of pepper
For the salad:
- 4 Cups Broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces (230g)
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 Cup Red onion, diced
- 1/4 Cup Dried unsweetened cranberries, roughly chopped (28g)
- 2 Slices Cooked Bacon, diced (omit for vegan)
- 2 Tbsp Sunflower seeds (15g)
- 2 Tbsp Roasted salted Cashews, chopped (12g)
Drain the cashews and place into a small food processor (mine is 3 cups.) Add the remaining dressing ingredients into the food processor and blend until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides often. This will take a few minutes so be patient.
In a large bowl combine the broccoli, red onion, cilantro, bacon and cranberries. Stir until evenly mixed.
Stir in the dressing until the salad is evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour to let the flavors develop.
Just before serving, mix in the sunflower seeds and cashews and DEVOUR
Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 23.5g | Protein: 8.8g | Fat: 17.8g | Saturated Fat: 3.8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8.3g | Cholesterol: 4.3mg | Sodium: 616.7mg | Potassium: 388.9mg | Fiber: 3.7g | Sugar: 10.5g | Vitamin A: 885IU | Vitamin C: 73.4mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 2.5mg