Spicy Tuna Rice Casserole
This one pot Spicy Tuna Rice Casserole tastes like a sushi roll, in a healthy, gluten free weeknight dinner form! A crowd-pleasing meal that only requires on dish!
Servings 4 People
- 2 1/4 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Uncooked White rice (I like Jasmine rice)
- 1 Cup Cucumber, grated (about 1 large cucumber)
- 4 Sheets Nori, broken into peices
- 2 Cans Genova Albacore Tuna in Olive Oil, drained
- 1/4 Cup Reduced-sodium soy sauce (GF if needed)
- 1/2 Cup Plain, non-fat Greek yogurt (dairy-free plain yogurt works well too)
- 1/4 Cup Unseasoned rice vinegar
- 4 tsp Sriracha
- 1 Large avocado, diced
- Sliced green onion, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
In a large, high-sided pan bring the water to a boil. Once boiling, stir in the rice, cucumber, nori, and tuna. Bring back to a boil and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the soy sauce, reduce the heat to low, and cover and simmer until all the liquid is absorbed, about 20-25 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, rice vinegar and sriracha. Once the rice is cooked, stir the yogurt mixture into the rice until well mixed and creamy.
Serve with the diced avocado, and green onion and sesame seeds.
Calories: 357kcal | Carbohydrates: 42.7g | Protein: 23.6g | Fat: 10.7g | Saturated Fat: 1.6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6.4g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 1064mg | Potassium: 232mg | Fiber: 4.4g | Sugar: 1.7g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Vitamin C: 6.4mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 0.9mg