Asian Healthy Broccoli Salad
This crowd-pleasing healthy broccoli salad is a no-cook side dish, loaded with creamy peanut sauce! It's quick and easy, gluten free and vegan with a paleo option!
*Total times does not include at least 1 hour chilling in the refrigerator
Servings 8 People, as a side
For the salad:
- 5 Cups Broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 Cups Colelsaw mix (just the cabbage part, no dressing)
- 1/2 Cup Water chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 Cup Green onion, sliced
- 6 Tbsp Roasted salted peanuts, roughly chopped (almonds for paleo)
For the dressing:
- 1/2 Cup Natural peanut butter (Almond butter for paleo)
- 3 Tbsp Coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp Reduced-sodium soy sauce (Coconut aminos for paleo and use GF soy sauce if needed)
- 2 tsp Agave (honey for paleo)
- 2 tsp Rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Fresh ginger, minced
- Sriracha, to taste (optional)
- Salt and pepper
In a large bowl, mix together all the salad ingredients.
In a separate large bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients until smooth and creamy. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the salad and mix very well, until the dressing evenly coats the salad. Season to taste with a pinch of salt and pepper if needed.
Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to let the flavors develop.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 206.5kcal | Carbohydrates: 11.8g | Protein: 7.1g | Fat: 16.1g | Saturated Fat: 6.6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1.7g | Sodium: 340.1mg | Potassium: 325.3mg | Fiber: 3.9g | Sugar: 3.4g | Vitamin A: 940IU | Vitamin C: 81.7mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 1.2mg