Creamy Vegan Chickpea Curry
This chickpea curry is made extra creamy with coconut milk! It's a vegan and gluten free, 20-minute weeknight dinner that's perfect for Meatless Monday!
- 2 tablespoons oil I used olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 3 cloves large garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Red or Yellow Curry Paste I used yellow
- 1-13.5 oz can Andre Prost Coconut Milk divided, found in the baking section
- 2-15.5 oz cans chickpeas drained
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar I used coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 cups cooked Jasmine Rice for serving
Heat oil in a large skillet over a medium high heat. Add onions and cook until they start to brown. Add garlic and stir-fry until soft.
Add Curry Paste and 1/4 can of Coconut Milk. Stirring, cook until curry is dissolved.
Add chickpeas, soy sauce and remaining can of Coconut Milk. Bring to a boil and cook 3-5 minutes.
Add tomatoes, sugar, and lime juice. Simmer 1-2 minutes. Stir in cilantro and serve over Jasmine Rice.
Serving: 263g | Calories: 542kcal | Carbohydrates: 52.6g | Protein: 15.6g | Fat: 32.7g | Saturated Fat: 20.8g | Sodium: 485mg | Potassium: 974mg | Fiber: 14.6g | Sugar: 15.4g | Vitamin A: 400IU | Vitamin C: 22.3mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 5.8mg