Easy Homemade Hummus without Tahini
This quick and easy Homemade Hummus without Tahini uses kale pesto and sun dried tomatoes. It's a healthy, vegan and gluten free appetizer for entertaining!
Servings 8 People
- 1/2 Cup Pine nuts
- 1 Cup Roughly chopped kale tightly packed
- 3/4 Cup Fresh basil roughly chopped and packed
- 1/2 Cup Fresh parsley roughly chopped and loosely packed
- 2 tsp Lemon zest packed
- 2 tsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Garlic minced
- 1/4 Cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1 Can Reduced-sodium chickpeas drained and rinsed, 13.5oz
- 1/4 Cup Sun-dried tomatoes with Italian herbs minced
- 1/2 tsp Salt or to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Food Should Taste Good Multigrain Tortilla Chips for servings
Place the pine nuts into a large food processor and process until broken down, scraping down the sides as necessary to get them into small pieces.
Add in the kale, basil, parsley, lemon juice, zest and garlic and process until broken down. You'll need to stop the food processor a few times and scrape down the sides.
With the food processor running, stream in the olive oil, followed by the water, and process until well mixed.
Add in the can of drained chickpeas and blend until creamy and smooth. Again, you'll need to scrape down the sides a few times.
Transfer the dip to a large bowl and stir in the minced tomatoes, salt and pepper.
Serve with Food Should Taste Good Multigrain Chips and DEVOUR!
Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12.7g | Saturated Fat: 1.3g | Sodium: 91mg | Potassium: 134mg | Fiber: 0.7g | Sugar: 2.8g | Vitamin A: 1750IU | Vitamin C: 24.8mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 3.2mg