Paleo Zucchini Noodles with Pesto and Fried Eggs
These zucchini noodles with pesto are topped with fried eggs. It's an easy, meatless and whole30/paleo-friendly weeknight dinner!
For the everything pesto
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Pine nuts toasted
- 1 Cup Lightly packed fresh herbs of choice I used basil
- 2 Scallions trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- 1/4 tsp Flaky sea salt or more to taste
- 3 Tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Fresh lime or lemon juice
For the squash noodles and fried eggs
- 2 pounds to 3 zucchini summer squash or cousa squash, julienned or spiralized (I used zucchini)
- 1/2 tsp Flaky sea salt or more to taste
- 3 tsps Ghee or extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Large eggs
To make the everything pesto:
Pulse 1/4 cup of the pine nuts, the herbs, scallion, garlic and salt in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add in the olive oil and lime juice and pulse again, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Taste the pesto and add more salt if desired.
To make the squash noodles and fried eggs:
Put the squash in colander lined with paper towels. Toss with 1/2 tsp of salt and set aside for a few minutes so the salt can draw some of the moisture out of the squash
Heat 1 tsp of the ghee in a large skillet with a lid over over medium-high heat . Add the squash noodles and cook, tossing frequently, until cooked to your liking. Take it off the heat and add the pesto. Toss to combine, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover the skillet tp leep the noodles hot while you make the eggs.
Heat the remaining 2 tsps of ghee in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat, and fry the eggs until cooked to your liking.
Divide the noodles between 2 plates. Top each pile of noodles with a fried egg and 1 Tablespoon of pine nuts. Serve immediately.
Serving: 568g | Calories: 554kcal | Carbohydrates: 19.7g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 50.9g | Saturated Fat: 6.8g | Cholesterol: 164mg | Sodium: 399mg | Potassium: 1443mg | Fiber: 6.2g | Sugar: 9.2g | Vitamin A: 1750IU | Vitamin C: 109.7mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 4.3mg