These easy Healthy Apple Pancakes are made with Greek yogurt to make them protein packed! The apple crisp topping is SO addictive!
It’s been way to long since we went face first into a fluffy, golden brown stack of creamy goodness.
Do you agree?
If you don’t…just LIE TO ME.
I knew there was a reason that we were friends. You just GET ME.
My Whole Wheat Pancake obsession. We don’t need to discuss it. Unless you’re totally new to this blog. Then, just read a few posts
I pretty much declare my love of pancakes in all my pancake posts but my most favorite are pancakes with PROTEIN to build my muscles.
YOU GUYS. Apple crisp topping ON TOP of Greek-yogurt pancakes that you can feel good eating for breakfast? OH HELLO YES PLEASE.
A Healthy Breakfast
If you’re anything like me, you’re always on the hunt for a healthy breakfast that nourishes your body BUT also satisfies your soul and your cravings. One of my favorite healthy breakfasts are quinoa breakfast bake with dates and bananas and you also can’t go wrong my paleo sweet potato breakfast bowl. What if I told you, though, that PANCAKES can also cover all your bases and be a healthful yet delicious breakfast!? YES, that’s right, these apple oatmeal pancakes I’m about to show you are a game changer! Here’s why:
- They use Whole Wheat Flour: If you are looking for a pancake recipe that’s a bit healthier, I’ve got you! These pancakes use whole wheat instead of regular all purpose white flour.
- They’re sweetened naturally: I opted out of using regular, refined white sugar. Instead, I sweetened these pancakes with a combination of brown sugar for the topping and truvia sweetener for the pancakes themselves. Yay for a better-for-you version of your FAVE breakfast!
- They use Greek Yogurt: containing probiotics, protein, and loads of calcium, these pancakes are not dry at all thanks to greek yogurt!
Healthy Apple Pancakes Ingredients
The list of ingredients for these fantastic pancakes is going to please you, I’m sure of it. To make them, we’re going to use wholesome and healthy ingredients! Here’s what you’ll need to round up before we get started:
For the Topping:
- Old Fashioned Oats
- White Whole Wheat Flour
- Brown Sugar
For the Pancakes:
- White Whole Wheat Flour
- Baking Powder
- Ground Ginger
- Egg Yolks
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Pure Maple Syrup
Top Tips for making Instant Pot Apple Butter
- Make sure not to skip the sautee part at the end, as this allows it to thicken up a lot!
- Use Granny Smith apples instead of another variety. They are the best for baking and their tart flavor pairs well with the sweetness of the sugar, keeping all the elements balanced!
- Blend it up afterwards if you desire to make it super creamy (who doesn’t!)
How to Freeze Pancakes
If you’ve made too many pancakes on accident OR you meant to make an extra batch for easy breakfasts during the week, you’re in luck! This apple pancake recipe creates pancakes that freeze really well. Simply freeze individual portions in separate freezer ziploc bags and pull out a bag as needed!
How to reheat frozen Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
When you’ve pulled some pancakes from the freezer and are ready to enjoy them, simply remove them from the freezer bags they were in and place them side by side on a microwave-safe plate. Reheat in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds on high power or until they are to your desired warmth!
Other Healthy Pancake Recipes
Make sure to check out the Whole Wheat Apple Pancakes Recipe on Food Fanatic!
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!