A white wine cocktail with homemade honey and fig simple syrup, and fresh peaches. Quick, easy and perfect for your next get together!
Welcome to the second annual brunch week hosted by Terri and Susan of The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen! Join us May 5th through 11th while we celebrate the deliciousness of brunch and to prepare for Mother’s Day and summer brunching season. We have 32 bloggers bringing you their best brunch game, from cocktails to eggs benedict to donuts, there is something for everything this week. Our amazing sponsors have donated some great prizes for a gigantic giveaway, please visit them all for more information. Now, let’s get to the recipe!
We have a first today guys!
I made you a cocktail!
I know we’ve included some liquid of the booze variety in ice cream, but we haven’t poured it into a cup, which is it’s preferred state.
I know because it told me. If you remember the paleo banana bread incident, you’ll remember how I talk to my food because I feel that it raises the odds of it turning out.
It makes sense if you don’t think about it too long. Anyway.
I was really excited to be able to sample some fig jam, but in full disclosure, I had actually never had a fig before.
But, after trying the jam I am totally a fig convert! Have you guys tried one? Yum central up in hur.
In usual Taylor fashion, I threw it in with a bunch of stuff and hoped for the best. I also added some wine for good measure. That’s generally a good plan.
Didja know that you could make simply syrup from honey? NEITHER DID I.
Didja know that you could flavor your simple syrup with TEA and PRESERVES?? NEITHER DID I.
This post is just full of firsts.
Didja know that when you make honey simple syrup, you can’t make it ahead of time because it get’s really hard and impossible to mix into wine? NOW YOU DO. (so, don’t do that.)
The fig jam is actually the super star here, as it really flavours the syrup SO much better than I thought it would. It kind of melts into the honey and adds just the right of sweetness.
Although, I will say, that I like my wine SWEET x eleventy million so, if you like it less sweet, start with a dryer wine.
It’s kind of sangria, which has fruit, and fruit is acceptable before 5 pm.
AND, it has jam. Jam goes on toast. Toast is eaten before 5 pm.
See, if anyone questions you, you’re TOTALLY golden.
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Peach flavored tea bag
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 2 Tbsp Bonne Maman Fig Preserves
- 4 Cups White wine of choice
- 2 Peaches sliced
- In a medium sized pot, bring the water to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove from heat and place the tea bag in. Let the tea steep for about 5 minutes, and then remove the tea bag,
- Stir the honey and the fig jam into the pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, stir constantly for 1 minutes and then reduce the heat to medium, stiring frequently until it begins to thicken, about 3 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a small bowl, pushing the jam through the strainer with a spoon. Not all the jam will go through, but push as much as you can to infuse the flavor of the figs. Discard the rest,
- Pour the wine into a large measuring cup or microwave safe pitcher, and microwave until warm, about 2-3 minutes (this is to help dissolve the honey syrup.)
- Pour all the honey syrup into the warm wine, stiring until it is totally dissolved.
- Place the sliced peaches into the wine and refrigerate until cold. *
- Pour into glasses and DRINK UP!
Tips & Notes:
The syrup can not be prepared in advance as it will harden and does not dissolve into the wine. You need to make the syrup and stir into the wine immediately 🙂
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
Want more drinks?
Leave a Comment