These Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes are the perfect way to start off a fall morning! Full of tasty pumpkin spice flavor! No eggs, or dairy needed!
Why you will LOVE These Pancakes
Weekend mornings call for a stack of pancakes in our house, with ALL the toppings! Some of our go-to recipes have to be paleo banana pancakes with coconut flour and of course, whole wheat blueberry pancakes with ricotta. There is SO much yum when it comes to pancake recipes here on the blog, so I keep on making them! Today’s vegan pumpkin pancake recipe has those cozy fall notes with the warm combination of spices and, of course, PUMPKIN! You and your family are going to keep asking for more of these bad boys!
These delicious healthy vegan pancakes are also nutritious, and are perfect to serve to those in your life who follow a vegan diet. Here is the list of ingredients you will need to pull together to make some healthy vegan pumpkin pancakes:
- Ground Ginger
- Warm Water
- Avocado Oil
- Baking Powder
- Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Canned Pumpkin Puree
How to make Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
Add all the dry ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside. Preheat your griddle.
In a medium bowl, add the water, oil and baking powder and whisk vigorously, until the mixture is frothy. Add in the pumpkin, milk and vanilla and mix until just combined. Now, it’s time to add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing until it is JUST combined and the batter is slightly lumpy.
Drop using a small cup measure onto a greased griddle. Flip once, when the bottom side is golden brown. Repeat with all the batter.
Douse with syrup, serve and DEVOUR!
As usual, I totally encourage you to tweak this recipe to suit your needs! If you need vegan gluten free pumpkin pancakes, simply swap out regular flour for your favorite 1:1 gluten free blend. You could also toss in some chopped nuts, dairy free chocolate chips or chunks of apple to the batter if you want!
Top Tips for making Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
- Don’t Overmix: Once you have incorporated the dry ingredients into the wet mixture using a wire whisk, stop mixing! Overmixing will cause your pancakes to be more dense and less light and fluffy.
- Keep them small: Don’t try and make a massive, colossal pancake! Keep the pancakes small so that they cook evenly and are easy to flip!
Vegan Pancakes FAQ
Absolutely! Just use your favorite gluten free 1:1 flour blend and they will turn out great.
I recommend freezing your pancakes in a stack with parchment paper in between each pancake so that they do not stick together. To thaw, pop them on a plate and into the microwave for about 30 seconds or until they are warm.
You most certainly can! Just pour the batter into a greased waffle maker and cook until golden brown and crispy.
Pumpkin is great for you! They are high in Vitamin A, full of antioxidants and are great for helping with digestive problems.
more delicious pumpkin recipes
- baked pumpkin french toast casserole
- gluten free pumpkin oatmeal muffins with cranberries
- gluten free vegan pumpkin cinnamon rolls
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredient up to the water. Set aside and Pre heat your griddle to medium heat (300 degrees).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the water, oil and baking powder until frothy. Add in the pumpkin, milk and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and whisk until JUST combined. The batter should have small lumps in it.
- Grease your griddle. Scoop a scant 1/3 cup and pour onto the griddle, spreading the batter out just slightly. Repeat with all the batter. Do not make them bigger than this or they are hard to flip!
- Cook until the bottom if golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook another 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and DEVOUR!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!