“HOW ON EARTH IS IT ALREADY 6PM?! I STILL have to make the hubbies lunch, make myself some sort of sustenance, take the dog for a walk AND fold the laundry. I need me some SUPER POWERS.”
STRESS STRESS STRESS.
Does this sound like you? I know that I am not the ONLY ONE.
You know what I think you might actually need? To take a deep breath and schedule a little bit of “you time.”
WHAT? Time for ME!? What IS THAT?
I know that’s what you’re thinking, and that is how my brain used to work too….until I joined with Kohl’s and started trying to learn easy ways to #MakeYourMove into a healthy lifestyle.
When I was thinking about how I could de-stress me crazy-insane-life, I realized that I am CONSTANTLY on the go. There is ALWAYS something to do, and I always found myself wishing that I had NOTHING to do. Even just for 10 minutes.
So, you know what I did? I started WRITING it into my daily schedule. IN PEN.
You know that means business. No “but the laundry, but the dishes!” because I can’t erase pen no matter how hard I take my pencils eraser to it.
Trust me, I tried.
And guess what?! I 110% FOR REAL am way less stressed these days. And, I don’t know this happened, but I magically seem to have MORE time to get the other stuff done.
Seriously, how does that even happen? Totally not questioning it. You don’t wanna jinx that kinda awesome.
I know you’re thinking “but you work from HOME, it’s SOOO much easier for you to do that Taylor.” How-EV-er, we’re just talking small changes here peeps. I am not telling you to take the next month off and stow away on a plane to Mexico and lay around on the beach drinking margaritas all day.
But I am also not NOT-telling you to do that either. 😉
Even 10 minutes a day where you can un-plug and do something you ENJOY makes a HYOOGE difference. Here’s some ideas:
- Read a book. One chapter is better than zero chapters
- Go for a walk. Just being in nature is relaxing
- Light a scented candle, lay down in bed and just close your eyes. I thought that one would be BORING, but I am pretty sure that doing NOTHING is one of my favorite ways to relax.
- Get out your yoga mat and stretch it out! You can do actual yoga too, but I love just stretching out my muscles and being “just me” for a few minutes. Not only does it make my tired body feel better, it’s a nice, slow change of pace to clear your head a little bit.
- Get out that bubble bath and get in the tub! There is a reason those over-worked business chicas always do this in movies ya’ll. It feels SO GOOD.
Now, tell me, do you schedule in you time? If not, what is one way that you can start TODAY?
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Kohl’s.