Zucchini noodles are tossed with roasted tomatoes, lemon, basil and Parmesan, then topped with creamy sun-dried tomato Greek yogurt chicken for an easy, healthy weeknight meal!
HI! I’m back from not-camping.
I mean, we TRIED to go camping. We got there Sunday and proceeded to realize we forgot important things like, you know, chairs. THEN, it rained all NIGHT (guess what, we forgot a tarp too! FUN. NOT) and was below 30 degrees! Yep, I definitely had 4 pairs of pants, 3 layers of socks and 7 layers of shirts on. Don’t picture that. It’s not pretty.
Basically, we were miserable. SO, we left the VERY next day. Like, we lasted one night. <– CAMPING FAILS.
BUT, we decided to go to Portland for a night instead. And stay in a hotel. You know, with showers. And a roof. AND CHAIRS. It was magical and a MUCH better life choice. Glamping > camping forever and ever the end.
NOW. This chicken. Let’s discuss.
I can practically feel each perfectly-roasted, lightly sweet tomato burst in my mouth as I munch my way from under the PILE of bright and fresh, zesty zucchini noodles.Zesty zucchini noodles that are topped with CREAMIEST, herb-packed Greek yogurt chicken that my mouth has ever tasted.It’s my idea of easy-peasy weeknight-friendly dinner food heaven. And I want to eat it all the time.
And I have been. Because it’s one of those meals that you eat, put the leftovers away for your husbands lunch, and then just kind of keep going back for little nibbles here and there. Which then end ups up in asking him if cereal is lunch-appropriate because you sort of got carried away with fresh-and-healthy-tomato-chicken YUM.
Which is, like, really surprising considering the addictive food in question is CHICKEN. Like, protein-packed, super full of health and good-for-you-fresh veggies kinda chicken.
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Non Fat Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Sundried Tomatoes Roughly chopped, packed in oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice Plus additional for the zucchini noodles
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning Plus more for sprinkling on the chicken
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Minced
- 1 teaspoon Oil From the jar of sundried tomatoes
- 1 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast 4 small breasts
- 1 1/2 cups Cherry Tomatoes
- Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Romano Cheese Blend Or just plain parmesan
- 4 medium Zucchini Squashes
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil Sliced
- In a small food processor (mine is 3 cups) blend the Greek yogurt, sun-dried tomatoes, salt, a few pinches of pepper, 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp Italian seasoning, garlic and oil until smooth, and the tomatoes are mostly broken down. Depending on the strength of your food processor, this could take a good 3-4 minutes, stopping to scrape the sides down every so often.
- Scrape the mixture into a large bowl and add in the chicken breast. Turn the chicken, spooning the yogurt over each breast, until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Once marinated, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken into the prepared baking dish. Also, place the cherry tomatoes onto a small baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Bake until the chicken is no longer pink inside, and the tomatoes are soft and roasted, about 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the chicken and bake for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- While the chicken bakes, use the 5mm blade on your spiralizer to turn the zucchini into noodles. Place the zucchini noodles into a large strainer, set over a large bowl, and toss with a little bit of salt. Let sit, stirring occasionally, as the chicken cooks.
- Squeeze out as much excess moisture from the zucchini noodles as you can and toss them a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, and a pinch of pepper. Add in the roasted tomatoes and lightly toss.
- Divide the mixture between 4 plates and place a piece of chicken on top. Divide the fresh basil between the bowls and DEVOUR.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.