It couldn’t be easier to make these Soft Boiled Eggs in the Microwave! A super quick way to make a deliciously simple breakfast or snack!
Why you will LOVE This Recipe
If you’re ever on the hunt for an easy, foolproof breakfast recipe, EGGS are going to be your BEST FRIEND! They are chock full of protein, there are SO many ways to make them, and they are delicious and filling, too! If you’re a fan of zucchini noodles with pesto fried eggs and breakfast cauliflower pizza with eggs, you are going to be obsessed with today’s insanely easy and delicious recipe. That’s right, this post is all about showing you how to cook a soft boiled egg in the microwave. No stovetop, no waiting for water to boil. The microwave is going to do ALL the work this time and these eggs will have you singing their praises.
Are Eggs good for you?
In short, YES, eggs are good for you! Eggs are rich in nutrients, providing almost everything you need for a meal all in one package. They contain some of the vitamins that are more rarely found in foods such as vitamin D, B12, and iodine. Eggs are also extremely high in protein and healthy fats which means they will keep our bodies full and energized until our next meal.
Can you cook Eggs in the Microwave?
YES! You most definitely can make soft boiled eggs in microwave, just as long as you make sure to use a microwave safe dish, you don’t have to always make oven baked eggs!
Is it safe to cook Eggs in the Microwave?
Making soft boiled eggs in microwave might sound a little risky, but let me assure you that it is completely safe! As mentioned above, just be sure to use a microwave safe dish when cooking them!
How long to cook Soft Boiled eggs in the microwave
Once you have finished heating up the water and adding the eggs and salt to the bowl, it’s time to cook the eggs. You will want to cook them for 3 minutes on high in the microwave, then let them sit for 6 minutes in the bowl. Next, transfer them to a bowl of cold water and let them rest there for 2 minutes.
Top Tips for How to Soft Boil an Egg in the Microwave
- Add Salt and Baking Soda: To help prevent the eggs from cracking during the cooking, resting and cooling process, I recommend adding the right amount of salt as outlined in the recipe card as well as a pinch of baking soda.
- Use a Deep Small Bowl: Using a small bowl that will allow for deep water is the BEST way to soft boil your eggs in the microwave. This will allow all eggs to be fully submerged in the water and to cook evenly, which is the goal!
- Play with the cooking time: If you try exactly 3 minutes and the eggs don’t turn out perfectly, play with the time by adding or taking away 10 seconds or so. Different elevations in different locations can slightly affect this, so do what works best for you!
- Don’t skip the Ice Bath: Be sure to dip your eggs in the ice bath for 2 minutes. This will stop the cooking process and result in the perfect soft boiled egg!
more easy egg recipes:
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 tsp Salt
- Pinch of baking soda
- Fill a deep, microwave safe bowl with enough water to cover the eggs about 3/4 inches. Heat the water in the microwave until very hot, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the salt (add 1/2 tsp salt per egg, so if you are cooking more eggs, add more salt) and just a pinch of baking soda and stir. Gently slide the eggs into the bowl.
- Microwave for 3 minutes. Then, let stand in the water for 6 minutes.
- Fill a bowl with ice and cold water and slide the eggs in, letting stand for 2 mins.
- Peel and eat!
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment