These Paleo Banana Pancakes with Coconut Flour are naturally sweetened! They’re gluten, grain and dairy free! SO light and fluffy!
Table of Contents
Let’s just be honest with ourselves: you can never have too many varieties of banana pancakes.
You could make banana pancakes: taco style.
You could make whole30 banana pancakes with only a handful of ingredients.
OR you could make these ULTRA fluffy and thick, golden gems that are packed with SO MUCH healthy banana goodness.
A little drizzle of maple syrup and *chef kiss* these are going to be your new favorite breakfast.
Why you will LOVE This Recipe
I firmly believe that in life, you can NEVER have too many pancake recipes because pancakes ARE LIFE! Don’t just whip up that same old whole wheat pancakes recipe every time the craving hits- mix things up for a change with one of my BAJILLION pancake recipes like easy cinnamon roll gluten free pancakes, gluten free pancakes with chocolate swirl OR this paleo banana pancake recipe. These pancakes are insanely fluffy, sweetened naturally, and made with good-for-you ingredients that you’ll feel good about serving your family. They also suit a variety of dietary needs and preferences since these pancakes are gluten, dairy AND grain free! Cook up a batch of these bad boys this weekend- you’ll be SO glad you did!
The lightest, fluffiest dairy free pancakes of all time are coming in hot and I know you’re going to be just as obsessed with them as I am! Here’s what you will need to make these paleo diet recipes banana pancakes:
- Tapioca Starch
- Coconut Flour
- Baking Powder
- Sea Salt
- Large Eggs
- Vanilla Extract
- Ripe Bananas, mashed
- Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
How to make Paleo Banana Pancakes
Add the flour, starch, baking powder and salt to a small bowl and whisk to combine. In a large bowl, add the eggs, vanilla and honey and whisk until they are well combined. Add int he banana and almond milk and continue whisking until everything is well mixed. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk until just combined.
Let the coconut flour pancakes batter sit so that the coconut flour can absorb the moisture. While it’s sitting, rub or spray your griddle with coconut oil and heat it up.
Drop the batter in rounds onto the heated, oiled griddle. Cook until the bottom is brown and the uncooked side begins to bubble, then flip and cook for the same amount of time on the other side. Repeat until you’ve used up all the pancake batter.
Serve up your pancakes as desired, and enjoy!
Top Tips for making Paleo Banana Pancakes
- Weigh the starch and flour: Weighing ingredients when baking is important, because it will give the best result in your finished product!
- Let the batter rest: By letting your pancake batter sit for a little while, you will allow the coconut flour to start soaking up the moisture, resulting in better, fluffier pancakes.
- Don’t make them too big: If the pancakes are too large, you may find them hard to flip!
- Cook them in Ghee: Adding some ghee to your griddle will make your pancakes EXTRA tasty!
You can dress up your pancake paleo banana or dress them down! These pancakes would be so delicious with some whipped cream or coconut cream and some fresh berries on top, drizzled with pure maple syrup. If you want to get fancy, try topping your pancakes with some roasted peaches or cooked apples from my healthy apple pancakes!
How to freeze Banana Pancakes
Freezing pancakes is a great way to have quick, re-heatable, delicious breakfasts for your every day busy mornings! To freeze these pancakes, I recommend first cooling them, then stacking them with pieces of parchment in between each pancake to prevent them from sticking together. Then, place the stack in a freezer safe zip lock style bag and pop it in the freezer for up to 3 months!
Now, go and GET THEM.
- 6 Tbsp Tapioca starch (50g)*
- 5 Tbsp Coconut flour, sifted (30g)
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Honey
- 3/4 Cup Ripe banana, mashed (200g or about 1.5 large bananas)
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- In a small bowl, whisk together the starch, coconut flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla and honey until well mixed. Add in the banana and almond milk and whisk until well mixed.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet until well combined. Let stand for 5 minutes so the coconut flour begins to absorb the moisture. Additionally, rub a griddle with coconut oil and pre heat to 350 degrees.
- Drop the pancake batter by 1/4 cup scoops, spreading onto the griddle just slightly. Cook until the bottom is golden brown and bubbles begin to form in the top, uncooked side, about 6 minutes. Gently flip and cook until the underside is browned, about another 5-6 minutes.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.