This Oatmeal Squares Recipe is loaded with Chocolate and Marshmallows for a quick and easy, healthier dessert that is quick and easy!
Pin Oatmeal Squares Recipe
I present to you: the dessert that I grew up on.
For real. My mom made it almost EVERY single week and brought it to every single potluck.
We affectionately call it “square” in my house hold because we are very original like that. But, don’t be fooled by the name…
…This “square” is going to ROCK YOUR TASTE BUDS right off your HEAD.
Plus, you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry right now which is an EXTRA WIN.
Why You Need These In Your Life
I’m all about the baked goods. There’s just something about cookies, bars and bites that bring people together and make memories with family and friends a little sweeter, don’t you think? I love baking up a pan of Apple Almond Butter Bars or Gluten Free Magic Cookie bars with coconut, and THIS oatmeal squares recipe has to be a personal fave of mine! They have few ingredients, are so easy to throw together, and are the perfect bar to bring to pretty much every gathering, because they’re simple and crowd pleasing!
Easy Oatmeal Bars Ingredients
Ok, so now that we’re all in agreeance that we need these bars in our lives, let’s get started. These ingredients are simple yet delicious and BONUS- you may already have most of them in your pantry! To make these oat squares, you will need:
- Coconut Oil, at room temperature
- Packed Brown Sugar
- Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- Old Fashioned Oats
- Baking Soda
- Mini Marshmallows
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
How to Make Homemade Oatmeal Bars
Now that we’ve rounded up the ingredients we will need to make these BOMB bars, let’s get baking! These bars are SO simple to make and don’t take long at all, so you’ll be devouring them in no time at all! Here’s how to put them together:
Set your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and allow it to fully preheat. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with cooking oil spray and set aside.
Add the coconut oil and brown sugar to a bowl and using a hand mixer, cream until it is smooth and well combined.
Add in the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt and use a wooden spoon to stir until it’s well incorporated.
Set aside 1 and ⅓ cups of the crumbs and press the rest of it into the bottom of your baking pan. Sprinkle the marshmallows and chocolate chips evenly over top of the crust, then sprinkle the rest of the crumb mixture on top of that!
Bake in your preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the marshmallows are just beginning to brown.
Cool and Enjoy
Allow the bars to fully cool in the pan before cutting and serving them. If you don’t, they won’t hold together so make sure you don’t skip this step!
How to Make Them Gluten Free
These bars are such a great, throw-together dessert when you need to bring one to that office party you forgot about or that PA meeting at the kids’ school that you want to make a little more enjoyable.
If you want to whip up a pan of them but are eating gluten free, you totally can! I have not tried baking these bars with oat flour, however I suspect it would work as a great substitute for whole wheat flour. Also, I think that the nutty flavor of oat flour would probably work really well with the other ingredients in this Oatmeal Squares Recipe.
Other Healthy Bar Recipes
- 3/4 Cup Coconut oil at room temperature (should be the consistency of softened butter, not melted)
- 1 Cup Packed Coconut sugar
- 1 1/3 Cup + 1 Tbsp Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 2/3 Cup Old fashioned oats
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 Cups Mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 Cups Semi-sweet chocolate chips (dairy free for vegan)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- With an electric hand mixer, cream together the coconut oil and brown sugar until smooth.
- Stir in the flour, oats, baking soda and salt and mix until well combined.
- Set aside about 1 1/3 cup of the crumbs and press the rest of the crumbs into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle the marshmallows and chocolate chips over the pressed crust evenly.
- Top with the remaining crumb mixture and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the marshmallows are just turning golden.
- Let the bars cool in their pan before cutting, or else the won't set and will be a a lumpy mess.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!