These No Bake Whole30 Apple Almond Butter Bars are an EASY, 5 ingredient, salty-sweet and healthy snack that is paleo and whole30 compliant! Great for kids and adults!
Ain’t no room for BORING snacks in our lives internet friends.
We do NOT need that kind of negativity.
And these nut butter bars? HOLY WHOA. The pan was gone in the kind time that I am embarrassed to admit because it is NOT VRY LONG AT ALL.
Who would have thought that 5 super simple, TOTALLY pantry essential kind of ingredients would be so UN-basic and so HIGH LEVEL addicting kinda DELICIOUS omg.
I have a confession for you and you might not like it. There might be some questionable judgements going on up inside your brain when I tell you this and I’m a little bit nervous.
I used to not understand snacks.
I was one of those people who just ate really big meals, which lasted me to my next meal and didn’t really see the point in in-between-meal-snacking.
And with a HEFTY sprinkle of crispy sea salt flakes? JUST DEAD.
The texture! (So chewy!) The flavor (so salty-sweet!) The EASINESS! (Food processor does it 4 U!) It’s just a trifecta of food perfection and it. Is. AWESOME.
The texture is kind of like if you made homemade whole30 rx bars. <– RLY RLY soft and chewy
BUT they have the addition of almond butter mixed inside ANDANDAND slathered in rich, velvety-smooth BLISS right on top, which came from when I put it inside the chewy chai apple bars and fell in love.
Because when has almond butter x2 even been a bad choice in your life?
These are also whole30 approved bars! I’ve never done a whole30 (if you have, GO YOU) but I’ve heard that whole30 approved snacks can be pretty hard to find and that eggs get pretty BORING.
Trust me on this. These spicy-sweet, apple-cinnamon gems are going to be saving you alllllllll 30 days. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself in a date/almond butter induced coma, only to wake up and wonder where ALL 16 of the whole 30 approved bars that you made only an hour ago have magically disappeared too.
Hint: probably inside your belly.
Not speaking from experience or anything. Just hypothetical.
Even if you’re not doing whole30 though, no bake whole30 apple almond butter bars are probably going to be your newest best friend in the sense that they’re REAL easy to make and taste like store bought snack bars.
If you have a food processor you can make them happen in a real life near you (your life!) basically right now.
And, if you don’t have a food processor, who are you and why are you depriving yourself of the easy of LIFE that they will grant you?
I’d totally marry mine if a. I wasn’t married and b. it wasn’t weird to want to marry a kitchen gadget.
I’m so glad Mr.FFF stopped reading these posts years ago. I don’t want him to know he was second choice to a food processor.
Here are your steps to snack success:
- Blend 5 ingredients.
Liiike, that’s ALL.
Just living our BEST snacking lives.
- 1 cup Almonds (145g)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon plus additional for topping
- Flaked Sea Salt
- 1 1/3 cups Dates loosely packed (200g)
- 1 cup Dried Apples very firmly packed (90g)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Water
- 5 tablespoons Creamy Almond Butter melted, divided
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Bake the almonds until lightly brown and nutty smelling, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add the almonds, cinnamon and a pinch of salt into a large food processor and process until broken down and crumbly.
- Add in the dates and dried apples and process until well mixed and the mixture begins to form a ball.
- With the food processor running, stream in the water and 1 Tablespoon of the almond butter until well mixed.
- Transfer to a square 8×8 pan and press out evenly. Spread with the remaining almond butter.
- Chill 1 hour, or until the almond butter is tacky. Sprinkle with extra cinnamon and sea salt flakes.
- Cut and DEVOUR!
Tips & Notes:
Store bars in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.