Just lettin’ you know that these lemony, spring time bites are sponsored by my friends over at Sabra, the makers of all things creamy and delicious!
These quick and easy bites feature creamy. whipped goat cheese and tangy lemon and sun-dried tomato hummus! They’re a healthy appetizer for you next #unofficialmeal!
Remember Monday’s beet salad we talked about the serious deliciousness that you KNOW is going down when a food has its VERY OWN hashtag?
It only makes sense that creamy, dreamy hummus has its own hashtag AND its VERY OWN DAY.
It also only makes sense that we celebrate with Sabra hummus. You know the one that is, like, CRAY yummy and comes in about 42 bazillion flavors that make your head spin with “WHAT ONE SHOULD I DIP MY CHIPS INTO NEXT?”
Very important life choices friends.
Sidenote: if you’re like me, you dip your one chip into ALL the hummus at once. Good big or go HOME my peeps.
Aside from the hard-life-questions of choosing which flavor your mouth wants to include in its planned chip munching, I also had the (almost) IMPOSSIBLE task of choosing which flavor I wanted to fill my hungry-little-can’t-wait-for-dinner-mouth with for these lemony hummus bites.
You know the hungry mouth I’m talking about, because you have the VERY same one. MOUTH TWINS. Or something like that.
You get home from work/school/anywhere that you did not have IMMEDIATE access to all things FOOD and you are overcome by the realization that your state of life is quite dire, and basically hanging in the balance of NEED TO EAT NOW OR ELSE I MIGHT DIE.
It may be slightly less dramatic than that. BUT, you know what I mean. You’re really, really, RLLLLLLY hungry.
You know that dinner lies just on the other side of hungry-person-you and satisfied-nourished-person-you, but there is TIME in between. TIME that you just don’t want to wait for.
So begins the “unofficial meal”[Tweet “Your next #unofficialmeal wants some Whipped Lemon Hummus + Goat Cheese Pesto Bites! @Sabra”]
Out comes ALL the snack foods – chips, dips, veggies and, most importantly of course, at least 3 different flavors of Sabra hummus. You want to keep your taste buds guessing as each creamy bite tingles the tip of your tongue. Will it be zesty? Will it be spicy? WHO KNOWS.
It’s the time where the peeps of the familia gather around, sip a glass of pinot (big people only!) and natter about thir day, all while satisfying that greedy little starving soul that is currently residing in your body.
It’s the best “meal.” Mostly because wine + hummus= happy you. But also because we don’t say no to events that give us the excuse to add a little “+1” to the standard breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Now that I’ve professed my love for eating meals that aren’t really meals, but involve wine and hummus, I feel like maybe I should quickly tell you about these bites. Obviously, I <3 them. I love everything that I ever put on here. But I especially love things that have
- Lemon Twist Hummus. UHMM. New flavor obsession alert (!!!) Tangy, zesty, freshness. All in one. MUST TRY.
- Goat cheese. Remember the goat cheese and tomato muffins and goat cheese stuffed chicken breasts?? GOOD WITH E’RYTHANGGG
- Extra basil PUHLEASE.
3 ingredients that I could create meals out of on their own, combined into one? FLAVOR that is EXPLODING right off the top of the crispy little cracker that it sits on.
Just think of that moment where you’re happily HOME FROM WORK, sippin’ a glass of tangy wine and then you reeeeeachhh for a hummus bite. Your teeth sink right into the rich, creamy and SMOOTH hummus and get hit with BRIGHT, zesty lemon and fresh, herbaceous (big word!) pesto.
Currently debating renaming these to “lemon sun-dried tomato hummus BLISS BITES.”
Cheers to pre-dinner happy-bliss times that include simple, REAL, GOOD FOOD.
- 2 Tbsp Pine nuts
- 1/2 Cup Goat cheese 4oz
- 1/2 Cup Sabra Lemon Twist Hummus
- 1/4 Cup Sun-dried tomato minced (not packed in oil) + additional to garnish, if desired.
- 24 Gluten free rice crackers
- 2 Tbsp Pesto
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and place the pine nuts on a small baking sheet. Bake until lightly golden brown and toasted, about 5-10 minutes. Watch them closely, so they don't burn. Once toasted, finely chop them and set aside.
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat the goat cheese, hummus and a pinch of salt and pepper together in a large bowl, until smooth and creamy. You'll need to scrape down the sides of the bowl a few times.
- Stir the minced sun-dried tomatoes into the hummus mixture.
- Divide the hummus evenly between the crackers (I used a piping bag, but you can also just spoon it on). Top each cracker with 1/4 tsp of the pesto* and a sprinkle of the chopped pine nuts. Garnish with an additional sun-dried tomato piece if desired.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
And, HEADS UP! You don’t want to miss the AWESOME #NationalHummusDay Coupon from Sabra that is ONLY available TODAY 5/13 from Midnight to Midnight EST. Get it by clicking HERE!
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 1 POINTS+: 1. OLD POINTS: 1
(Per one bite. Nutritonal info could vary based on what crackers you use.)
Want more simple, bite-sized appetizers?