The whole family will love this deliciously creamy Keto Chicken Casserole! It’s a low carb, gluten free, easy-to-make meal!
Friends, I need to be real with you.
This ain’t no chicken zucchini casserole or dairy free paleo casserole with chicken that just leaves you feeling light.
I meannnnn….just look at the ingredient list.
There is cream, cream cheese, TWO KINDS of cheese and mayonnaise. This casserole? She is heavy!
But, how can those ingredients let your taste buds down.
Oh, that’s right, they can’t.
Whether you’re watching your carbs or not, this ultra simple and ULTRA creamy little chicken dinner is going to be a weeknight STAPLE for you.
Why you will LOVE This Recipe
I love a good casserole. Now, I’m not talking about those flavorless, boring casseroles that might come to mind- I’m talking flavorful, filling and comforting casseroles that are right up there on the list with one pan mexican quinoa casserole and healthy broccoli casserole. Today’s keto casserole chicken checks all the boxes when it comes to texture and flavor, and it’s also a low carb casserole for keto eaters to enjoy! It’s made with healthy fats and good-for-you ingredients to up your protein and keep your body full and energized!
Throwing together a chicken keto casserole for dinner tonight will only require a handful of ingredients to make, and you will be thanking yourself later, because it makes the BEST leftovers! Here’s what you will need to gather up before getting started:
- Olive Oil
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Dijon Mustard
How to make Keto Chicken Casserole
Turn on the oven and let it preheat. Heat up a splash of oil in a pan and sear the chicken thighs on both sides until golden brown. Reduce the heat and then cover the pan and cook until the chicken is cooked through.
While the chicken cooks, bring a pot of water to a boil and place a steamer basket overtop with the broccoli inside. Cover and cook until the broccoli is tender and bright green in color, then remove from heat and set aside.
Remove the chicken from the pan and wipe it out. Add some more oil to the pan and cook the leeks and paprika until tender. Reduce the heat and add in some of the parmesan cheese, the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, whipping cream, mayo, mustard and salt and cook until smooth and creamy, whisking often.
Chop up the chicken and stir it into the creamy sauce along with the broccoli. Sprinkle the remaining parmesan overtop of the casserole and bake it until bubbly. Then, broil it for a couple of minutes or until it is golden brown and crisped up a bit.
Dish the chicken broccoli casserole keto onto plates and DEVOUR!
The side dishes for a recipe can add so much to it! This recipe is really flavorful and rich, so would be best served with some hot rice. To keep the meal keto friendly, I recommend serving this keto chicken casserole with cauliflower rice- feel free to check out how to make cauliflower rice to decide which method you want to try!
Although this recipe calls for chicken thighs, you can use whatever type of chicken you have on hand. Use chicken breasts if you want to make the dish a little lighter as they are less fatty, or go ahead and use some shredded store bought rotisserie chicken to skip a step and get it in your belly faster! You could even use grilled chicken if you so desire.
more keto recipes
- easy low carb keto breakfast casserole with sausage
- paleo low carb keto beef and broccoli
- low carb keto sloppy joes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Olive oil, divided
- 1 Lb Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 Cups Broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 Cup Leeks, sliced
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 Cup Cheddar cheese, grated and packed
- 4 Oz Cream cheese (1/2 a brick)
- 6 Tbsp Heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Pre heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a large, oven-safe skillet on high heat.
- Sear the chicken thighs until golden brown on each side, about 3 minutes per side. Once seared, turn to medium heat, cover and cook until the chicken is done and an instant read thermometer measures 165 degrees F, about 7-9 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, place a steamer basket over a pot of water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add in the broccoli, cover and cook until the broccoli is bright green and tender, about 2-4 mins. Drain and set aside.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and wipe out the pan. Heat the remaining 1 Tbsp of olive oil on medium heat and cook the leeks and the paprika until just softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Turn to medium low and add in 1/4 cup of then Parmesan cheese, the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, whipping cream, mayo, mustard and salt. Whisk until smooth and creamy. Once done, remove from heat.
- Cut the chicken into small cubes and add it, along with the broccoli, into the pot, stirring to coat.
- Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan over the casserole and bake until bubbly, about 15 minutes. Then, turn your oven to HIGH broil and broil until golden, about 2-3 minutes.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment