These smoky-sweet bowls have glazed honey lime grilled avocado, spicy shrimp, tomato and corn! Top them with gluten free nacho chips for a healthy, summer meal that’s packed with flavor!
Just wanted to let you know this bowl of grilled smoky-sweet yumminess is sponsored by the lovely people over at Udi’s Gluten Free, the makers of all things gluten free and delicious!
This bowl has all the qualities that made me fall in love with Mr.FFF.
It’s got a little bit of SPICE, a little bit of SWEET and a whole lot of creamy grilled avocado goodness
The grilled avocado part may not have been on my “future husband checklist” but YOU GET IT.
Which meaaaaans, that you are A-L-S-O going to go head-over-taste buds when your tongue tingles all the way to your tippy toes with bursts of sticky-sweet honey, tender shrimp, crunchy, smoky-corn and ends with this surprise heat that warms up the back of your throat in the most magical way.
IN FACT, when I served this to the Hubonana for dins, he said “you know how sometimes you just come across the most perfect of food combos ever? THIS IS THAT.”
And, my friends, he has eaten a LOT of recipes in his life. REAL DEAL DINNER HAPPENING RIGHT HERE. RIGHT NOW.
Like we discussed on Monday with our breakfast-bananza of cauliflower alfredo lox bagel bowls, this bowl, piled HIGH with grill-y bites of food love and happiness, is the second recipe in the “bowl week” that I’m doing with Lindsay from Cotter Crunch and our fabulous sponsor Udi’s Gluten Free. So, make sure you check out Lindsay’ Gluten Free Homemade Pizza Bowls recipe by clicking HERE!
Now, we’re friends and we’ve been very open with each other about our likes and dislikes right? So, you’ll remember that if I had to wear one of those “my name is” stickies around every day of my life (wouldn’t that be creepy?) mine would say “Hello, my name is Taylor….and I am a TEXTURE FREAK.”
Peeps. Do you remember the Mediterranean grilled avocados where we learned that grilling our favorite healthy-fat-friends makes them, liiiike, UBER CREAMY TO THE MAXIMUM? We’re doing that A-G-A-I-N.
Bursts of creamy avocado that have a crispy-honey-sweetened exterior play VERY WELL with others. But only if the “others” are crunchy bites of smoky corn, tender bursts of grilled romaine, juicy POPS of protein-packed shrimp that mingle together with this DELICIOUS combination of slightly sweet charred tomato and spicy jalapeno.
[Tweet “Perfect summer eats: #Glutenfree Grilled Honey Lime Avocado Shrimp Nacho Bowls! @Udisglutenfree”]
WITH SALTY UDI’S GLUTEN FREE ANCIENT GRAIN CRISPS ON TOP.
Crunchy, like whoa. Creamy, like YES.
There’s even some CRISPY peeking its delicious little head out of this bowl.
O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D with this dinner. Dinner on repeat. Every day. All day.
In other news: grilled romaine. Why is this not the only way to eat salads that exists on this planet that we call Earth? I mean. I like a good raw salad full of bunny-food-green-things and all. But when you grill lettuce it’s taste turns into something that does not, in any way, shape or form, resemble what you would think something that is, liiike, negative calories and SO healthy, would taste like. SO SO GOOD RIGHT NOW.
See above: O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D with this dinner. Dinner on repeat. Every day. All day.
I know you’re one of those people who falls in <3 <3 <3 with a recipe, and then makes it every day for the rest of their lives too. Don’t lie.
And, because I know this about you, I already know what’s on your menu 2NITE.
And, you know, every day for the rest of your existence.
For the bowl
- 1 Large Cobb of corn
- 1 Large tomato halved
- 1/2 Jalapeno pepper seeds removed
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 Head of Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 Cup Udi's Gluten Free Simply Salted Ancient Grain Crisps crushed (about 20 chips)
- Cilantro for garnish
- Sliced green onion for garnish
For the glazed shrimp and avocado:
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp Fresh lime juice + additional for garnish
- 1 tsp Jalapeno minced
- 1/2 Lb Shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 1 Large avocado halved and seed removed
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
- Once hot, place the corn, tomato halves (cut-side down) and the the jalapeno (cut-side down) onto the grill and cook until nice and charred, turning the corn around every few minutes. The corn and tomatoes will take about 10 minutes, and the jalapeno about 5 minutes. Once cooked, transfer all to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, 2 tsp of lime juice and the jalapeno for the glaze, seasoning with a pinch of salt.
- Place the shrimp in a medium bowl and toss with half of the glaze (about 1 Tbsp total.) Additionally, rub the cut-side of the avocado with some of the glaze. You should have some glaze remaining. Set this aside, along with the bowl of shrimp to marinate.
- Spray the grill generously with the cooking spray and place the avocado halves cut-side down onto it. Additionally, spray the half head of romaine with cooking spray and place it directly onto the grill.
- Cook until the avocado and romaine have nice grill marks and they both soften. You'll need to turn the romaine every minute or so. This takes a total of 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat, and cover to keep warm.
- Generously spray the grill with cooking spray again and place the shrimp directly onto the heat. Cook until no longer pink, which is only about 1 minute per side.
- Place the soft, grilled tomato into a medium bowl. Dice the grilled jalapeno and add it into the bowl with the tomato, mashing the two together with a fork until the tomato is almost sauce-like.
- Then, use a sharp knife the cut all the corn kernels off the cobb. Additionally, roughly chop the romaine lettuce.
- Divide all your grilled food between the two bowls, garnishing with a a good amount of cilantro, green onion, a pinch of salt, and another squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Finally, drizzle the remaining glaze over the bowls and top with Udi's crisps.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Udi’s Gluten Free. The opinions and text are all mine.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 13 POINTS+: 12. OLD POINTS: 10
(Please note: I was unable to find Udi’s Gluten Free Crisps in my ingredient database to create nutritional information, so I found something VERY similar, but WW points could be slightly off)
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more healthy shrimp recipes?
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!