Spiralized potato noodles are mixed with a creamy Greek yogurt sauce, chicken, carrots and peas to make up this gluten free, healthy chicken pot pie, that is sure to please the pickiest of eaters!
Want to share this recipe to your Facebook wall for later? Click HERE!
I’ve been keeping something from you.
A big pot of creamy, dreamy potato noodles all mixed with up with tender crisp bites of carrots, peas, crunchy cauliflower and juicy morsels of chicken.
You guys. It’s like chicken pot pie. But, umm, without the pie. Or the cream. Or the not-so-good-4-you-ness.
I meeean it’s like comfort food that both makes your feel the fuzzly tinglies in your tummy but A-L-S-O makes your body feel SUPER good and stuff. And not like you should go to the gym because WHOA PIE AND CREAMY AND HEAVY FOOD THINGS.
Also “fuzzly.” Did you notice it? It was a typo. Then I read it. And sort of liked it. And now it’s my newest favorite word forever and ever the end. Just thought you might want to know.
Another thing you probably want to know is that no, I have not been body snatched. I did in fact plan to use potatoes of the non-sweet variety FOR THE FIRST TIME ON FFF EVER.
Right?! Like 2.5 years. No non-sweet potato recipes. I pinky promise you I looked through the potato archives 3 TIMES to make sure my eyes weren’t deceiving me. Apparently I just have some inner agenda to banish all the yellow potatoes from the land because my inner self had some unknown hatred of them.
That might be a little over-dramatic, but I’m just being straight up with you.
Anyway. On the topic of being straight-up, let’s, umm, keep doing it. I DIDIDIDID try this recipe with sweet potatoes first (see? UNKNOWN SUBCONSCIOUS HATRED STRIKES AGAIN) and it was not pie-like. It was not BAD. Just not GR8 and wonderful and full of eating-chicken-pot-pie-in-grandma’s-kitchen memories and all that jazz.
You should know the above sentence is a lie. I never ate chicken pot pie in my Grandma’s kitchen. I may have eaten it from a box. IN MY YOUTH OKAY? When I didn’t know how to cook. Save your judgement for…never.
I just thought Grandmas kitchen painted a better picture than me crying over some breakup into my microwave box of chicken pot pie.
Not that I know anything about that. It just happened to a friend of a friend of mine.
In other news: Do you remember the Paleo Lemon Bars that you guys went NUTS for over the summer? They were part of the super-fun series that you should ALL be contributing to: Reader Re-dos! The one where I want you to email me some recipes that you would love to see made healthier, but don’t know where to start. (so email me okay? The microwave pie is calling if you break my heart.)
That was my inspiration for this recipe. One of you beautiful peeps wanted to see chicken pot pie made a little healthier. SO, enter potato noodles instead of pie crust, gluten-free flour to thicken the sauce and Greek yogurt instead of cream!
Are you trackin’ with the amount of protein that we’re munchin’ on here? Greek yogurt AND chicken = Taylor-the-protein-loving-human is REALLY happy right about now.
Before you run off and tell all your friends about the snazzy, shiny new recipe you found for pot-pie-less pot pie that actually tastes not like cardboard, let’s just get one thing str8 here mmkay?
Don’t try to make this EVEN lighter and go all nixxy-poo on the butter. Then you just have potato noodles and veggies sans pot pie flavor. The butter is KEYKEYKEY.
You know that person that said “butter makes things better?”
They SPEAK TRUF.
- 1/2 lb Chicken breast cubed
- 1/2 Cup Carrots sliced
- 1/4 Cup Celery sliced
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/4 Cup Onion minced
- 2 tsp Almond flour
- 2 tsp Coconut flour
- 1 Cup + 1 1/2 Tbsp Chicken broth divided
- 1/4 tsp Celery seed
- 1/2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Large Yukon Gold Potato about 250g
- 1/4 Cup Non-fat Plain Greek yogurt
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Place the cubed chicken, sliced carrots, celery and frozen peas in a large pan and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil and cook until the veggies are fork tender and the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 7-9 minutes. Drain and cover to keep warm. Set aside.
- While the chicken cooks, melt the butter in a large sauce pan over medium/high heat. Add in the onions and cook until golden brown, about 1 minute. Add in the almond flour and coconut flour and cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown and the flour begins to absorb the butter, just 1 minute or so.
- Stir 1 cup of the chicken broth, along with the celery seed, into the flour mixture. Bring the mixture to a boil and then turn the heat down to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens and reduces by about half, about 9-10 minutes.
- While the sauce thickens, heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Spiralize the potato using the 3mm blade and place it into the olive oil. Cook until the noodles wilt and turn golden brown, about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Once the sauce has thickened, turn the heat down to medium low. In a separate, medium bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt and the remaining 1 1/2 Tbsp Chicken broth until smooth and creamy. While whisking, pour into the chicken broth mixture and stir until well combined. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until it begins to thicken, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. *
- Place the cooked potato noodles into the sauce and stir until evenly coated. Divide between plates, top with the chicken/vegetable mixture and garnish with fresh parsley.
- DEVOUR immediately.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS! 🙂
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: POINTS+: 12. OLD POINTS: 11
Want more Greek yogurt?
BBQ Chicken Zucchini Noodle Casserole
Broccoli, Cheese and Kale Zucchini Noodle Casserole
Grilled Cauliflower Pizza with Greek Yogurt Pesto
Healthy chicken pot pies from around the web:
Lighter Chicken Pot Pie – Dinner At The Zoo
Skinny Chicken Pot Pie – Home Sweet Jones
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment