These funfetti protein overnight oats taste like funfetti cake but are secretly healthy and packed with protein! They’re an easy, make-ahead breakfast for busy mornings with only 6 ingredients!
Colorful and bright and fun! WHEEEE!
Meet my current breakfast obsession, in the sense that I sometimes even eat it for dinner because SPRINKLES:
I can still taste this morning’s wholesome overnight oats all swirled up with vanilla-scented almond milk, crunchy sprinkles and Greek yogurt WITH protein powder FROSTING (and some crumbled up funfetti protein cookies because WHY NOT.)
Frosting, guys. You know, that light, whippy, sugary goodness on cakes, that is SOLE the reason why you’re cake-eating purpose in life is to MAKE SURE that you get the CORNER PIECE?
Maybe that’s just me though. I’ve got a thangggg for frosting and it just won’t QUIT.
Okay. Hittin’ pause so you can go make a bowl of it, grab your spoon, and then come back to finish.
Aaaaand, we’re back.
Funfetti ANYTHING is not new around this little space of the interwebz. It’s my not-so-secret-at-all obsession, and I kinda try to eat it any way possible always. I blame my momma who always made me Funfetti cupcakes to celebrate every birthday. Little did she know she was creating a sprinkle-eating, frosting-licking Funfetti MONSTER.
The cake for breakfast game? STRONG.
How-EV-er, those things take time. Which I like to pretend I don’t have because I live a very important and busy food-blogger person life. This means that my morning-moments are precious and need to be used WISELY. In my books, it’s better to spend NO time making breakfast, so that my busy self can be hard to work before the sun even RISES.
I can’t confirm nor deny that it’s just ‘cause I wanna sleep in longer though.
Picture yourself snuggled up in your jammies, juuuust about ready to call it a day, and then spending ONLY 3ish MINUTES stirring each fleck of oatmeal into creamy almond milk, until it’s JUST PERFECTLY moistened, and then throwing in a few tablespoons (handfuls obvi) of sprinkles. Walk to your refrigerator, put it in and wave good bye….until you’re reunited again in the morning.
NOW, picture the sweet, gluten free cake-filled dreams that your cozy, already-prepared for morning munchin’ self will have.
I also shared the Funfetti protein overnight oats recipe on Food Fanatic, so be sure to check it out there as well!
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons sprinkles
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or milk of choice, plus additional for the frosting
- 2 teaspoons butter extract
- 1/2 cup nonfat vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- In a medium bowl stir together the oatmeal and sprinkles. Add in 1 cup of the almond milk and the butter extract and stir well. Place 1/4 cup each of the oat mixture in the bottom of two glasses, jars, or small bowls. Then, gently spread 1/4 cup each of the Greek yogurt onto of the oats. Divide the remaining oat mixture between the 2 glasses, on top of the yogurt layer. Let sit overnight. In the morning, stir together the protein power with just enough almond milk to turn it into a thick, frosting-like consistency. My protein needed about 5 teaspoons of milk. Start small and add as needed. Divide the frosting on the top of each cup and DEVOUR.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 9 POINTS+: 8 OLD POINTS: 7
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more oats?
Overnight oats from around the web:
Peanut Butter and Jelly Overnight Oats – Two Raspberries
Raspberry Almond Overnight Oats – Coffee & Crayons
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!