Table of Contents
This recipe might be the paleo lemon bars of 2021.
In the sense that I made them almost 20 TIMES because I just had this inkling that they were going to be chewy and perfect and magical…
But they just kept failing!
Until I FINALLY got it right and man, oh man, you guys. It was WORTH IT.
If you thought my vegan brownies stuffed with peanut butter cookie dough were good, wait until you taste these babies!
Why You Will LOVE This Recipe
I am a HUGE lover of brownies and think they make the BEST indulgent, delicious treat at the end of a long, hard day. Have YOU tried my healthy greek yogurt brownies? How about my vegan gluten free brownies recipe? If not, you need to go check out all my brownie recipes, because I literally have a recipe to please everyone AND accommodate many allergies and food sensitivities! Today’s eggless brownie recipe will make all your brownie dreams come true, and you don’t need eggs to make them! They are rich, dense and chewy, just as fudgy as my most popular dairy free brownies – your whole family are going to go crazy over them and they are crazy easy to whip up!
Baking up a pan of eggless chocolate brownies has never been easier! This recipe calls for a handful of ingredients that you may already have in your fridge and pantry, and if you don’t have any eggs, NO PROBLEM! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Unsalted Butter
- Avocado Oil
- Plain non-fat Greek Yogurt
- All Purpose or gluten free 1:1 flour
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Baking Soda
- Hot Water
- Mini Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
How to make Eggless Brownies
Turn on the oven so you can preheat it. Line a pan with parchment paper, spraying the sides generously with oil and set aside.
Fill a pot halfway with water and bring it to a boil. Add the butter, oil and sugar in a heatproof bowl and place it over the water to create a double boiler. Whisk until the butter is melted and a grainy mixture is formed.
Remove the mixture from heat and add in the vanilla and yogurt, mixing until everything is well combined. Stir in the remaining dry ingredients up to but not including the water and chocolate chips until JUST combined. Stir in the hot water, then the chocolate chips.
Pop the pan into the oven and bake until the top is set and a bit cracked. Remove from the oven and chill for a little bit, then remove it again.
Cool on the counter until room temperature, then slice and serve up your eggless brownies!
Top Tips for making Eggless Brownie Mix
- Don’t Overmix: One of the most important tips I have for making brownies is to not overmix the batter. You will want to stir the mixture until everything is just moistened, as that will allow for the best chewy texture possible!
- Chill: The secret to the fudgiest, chewiest brownies is to chill them for 10 minutes straight after you take them out of the oven! It helps to speed up the cooling process a bit so that the brownies don’t keep cooking once pulled from the heat.
- Cool Completely: Resist temptation to slice and serve these brownies while they’re hot. The texture is best when cooled, and they will hold together better if you wait, too.
How to store Brownies
I recommend storing these brownies in the fridge in an airtight container for about a week. You can let them come to room temperature OR enjoy them cold, dense and chewy! To freeze these brownies, I recommend storing them in a freezer safe ziploc bag or airtight container and they will last for up to 3 months!
more delicious eggless desserts
- best eggless chocolate chip cookies
- eggless sugar cookies
- pumpkin spice eggless chocolate chip cookies
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted butter
- 4 Tbsp Avocado oil (or any neutral flavored oil)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 Cup All purpose or GF 1:1 flour (125g)*
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened cocoa powder (40g(
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Hot water
- 1/4 Cup Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat your oven to 325 degrees and line the bottom of an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper, spraying the sides with cooking spray.
- Fill a medium pot half way with water and bring to a boil. Place the butter, oil and sugar in a glass or aluminum bowl that fits in the top of then pot to create a double boiler.
- Once the water boils, place the bowl on top and whisk until the butter is melted and everything forms a grainy mixture.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and yogurt.
- Stir in the flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking soda and salt JUST until mixed.
- Finally, stir in the hot water. Once it's mixed in, stir in the chocolate chips. Stir the least amount possible or the brownies might sink after cooking.
- Pour into the pan and bake until the top is set and slightly crackly, about 35-40 minutes.
- Immediately place in the fridge (i put it on a hot pad) for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and let cool COMPLETELY.
- Slice and devour!
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG WITH FFF ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!