This quick and Easy Avocado Chicken Salad is a low carb, gluten free and whole30 compliant lunch with a spicy curry kick! So creamy and delicious!
Table of Contents
Because then you will fall in <3 <3 <3 with it, just as much as I have, without even THINKING about.
Let’s just be straight with each other. People always think that adding bacon to recipes is “cheating” because then it will AUTOMATICALLY be delicious. But, really?
So creamy. So rich. So HEART HEALTHY but SO GOOD ON EVERYTHING THAT WE PUT IN OUR MOUTHS ALWAYS.
The day the avocado emoji came into the world was the happiest day of my life. <– Don’t tell Mr. FFF I said that because he still thinks it was the day I married him.
Good thing he stopped reading these posts, liiiike, 3 years ago! LOVE YOU BABE.
Why this is the BEST Chicken Salad
Chicken salad is one of those meals that is PERFECT for a potluck or a quick, nutritious lunch at home OR on the go. We’ve tried our fair share of them here on the blog- we have whole30 chicken salad as well as healthy greek yogurt chicken salad without mayo, not to mention a whole slough of salads containing chicken! Today’s salad is a keto avocado chicken salad that you and the whole crew will love! It’s got lots of protein, is loaded with healthy fats, and also has a fun kick of curry to keep things interesting. If you’re ready to put a unique spin on the typical chicken salad recipe, this one’s for you!
This chicken and avocado salad is not only nourishing and uses whole food ingredients to make it, it’s also LOADED with flavor that you will love! Let’s go ahead and round up all of our ingredients and get started on this delicious salad recipe:
- Grass Fed Boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
- Avocado oil
- Yellow Curry Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Fresh Ginger
- Sea Salt
- Green Onion
How to make Avocado Chicken Salad
Spread the oil on the chicken breasts, then coat them in the curry powder, salt and pepper. Place them in a preheated oven on a pan, and spread the cashews on a separate pan. Place both pans in the oven, cooking until the chicken is no longer pink and the cashews are golden brown and nutty smelling. The cashews will only take about half the time to bake that the chicken will.
Chill and Chop
Place the cooked chicken breasts into the fridge and let them chill for at least 2 hours. Meanwhile, roughly chop the cashews and set aside.
In a large bowl, add the avocado, lemon juice, ginger, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly to combine. Fold in the celery, green onions, cilantro and chopped cashews.
Chop up the cooled chicken into cubes and fold them into the avocado mixture, seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
Serve the salad on lettuce and enjoy!
Top Tips for making Creamy Avocado Chicken Salad
- Cool the Chicken: Although it might be tempting to chop up the chicken while it’s hot and mix it into the avocado mixture, the texture is best when the chicken is chilled completely so that the salad can be enjoyed cold!
- Fold in the ingredients: It’s important to not overmix the veggies and chicken into the avocado mixture. Folding them in will make for the best texture!
- Season, to taste: You may want to taste the avocado mixture once in a while to see if it needs a dash or two of salt and/or pepper!
How to serve Avocado Chicken Salad
I recommend serving this salad on lettuce! You can either make lettuce wraps, or break up your lettuce and toss it with the chicken salad in a bowl- either way, it is absolutely going to be delicious.
Chicken Salad Storage
I recommend storing the avocado chicken salad mixture in the fridge for 1-2 days. Keep in mind that avocados do brown over time, so adding a bit of extra lemon juice before storing the leftovers is recommended! Store the lettuce separate from the avocado mixture.
- 1 lb Grass-fed, boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp Avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp Yellow curry powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 Cup Cashews
- 1 Cup Avocado, mashed (about 2 avocados. 250g)
- 2 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger, minced
- 3/4 tsp Sea salt,
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Celery, thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 Cup Green onion, sliced
- Lettuce, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Rub the avocado oil over the chicken breast, and then rub in the curry powder, covering all the chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken onto 1 baking sheet, and the cashews onto a separate, small baking sheet. Cook the chicken until no longer pink inside, about 25-30 minutes. Cook the cashews until golden brown and nutty smelling, only about 10-12 minutes.
- Let the chicken cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours to cool completely. Additionally, roughly chop the cashews and set aside.
- Once the chicken has chilled, stir together the avocado, lemon juice, ginger, salt and pepper. Fold in the celery, cilantro, green onions and chopped cashews.
- Chop the chicken into small pieces and fold into the avocado mixture. Adjust salt and pepper if needed.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMART POINTS: 8 POINTS+: 8. OLD POINTS: 7
(per 1/4 the recipe)
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!