These paleo chocolate chip cookies for two are made deep-dish style so they’re crunchy on the outside, but soft and ooey gooey on the inside! You would never know they’re a healthier treat!
Well. It’s back.
But, I missed our Monday dates with paleo-friendly chocolate-for-two goodness.
And I am thinking your probably did too. Monday’s started to feel like a sad, chocolate-less black hole of doom and gloom.
That IS an exaggeration because there was still some MAJAH yummage going on. It just wasn’t Paleo Brownies.
We needed chocolate. We needed almond buttah.
WE NEEDED DEEP DISH PALEO CHOCOLATE COOKIES.
Pick your taste buds off the floor. It’s rude to leave things like that laying around friends.
If that wasn’t enough, well, who are you?
Just kidding. Sort of.
What I was going to say is, these deepy-dishy crunchety-on-the-outside-but-super-soft-and-THE-MELTY-CHOCOLATE-NUMS on the inside paleo coconut flour chocolate chip cookies POR DEUX (because French makes everything sound fancy and extra full of tasties) can go from the bowl to YER FACE in UNDER 30 mins.
This is both awesome and terrible at the SAME TIME.
Because that means that you can even make them for breakfast and go to work on a “I JUST HAD COOKIES FOR BREAKFAST AND NOW MY DAY IS BASICALLY GOING TO BE RAINBOWS” high.
I mean, I am not suggesting you do this, because your boss might not like you having the attention span of a chicken nugget (aka: zero) all day long.
BUT, I am also not NOT suggesting it either.
If you’re picking up what I am putting dowwwwwnnnn. 😉
SIDENOTE: I was googling “what is a Butterfinger” the other day (do NOT ASK) and then it took me to their website, and the OFFICAIL website described it as CRISPETY AND CRUNCHETY! I thought I made those words up!
Clearly, me and Butterfingers and kindred spirits and I should eat them every day for all the evers of my life right? Right.
Anyway. Back to paleo cookies.
There is really nothing too unusual about these healthy chocolate chip cookies, like at ALL. Which is why I LOVE them. The ingredients are always in the pantry (again, the DANGER) and you pretty much just do a little stir-the-cookie-dough dance and into the oven they go.
It doesn’t get easier than this paleo cookies recipe folks.
Ya ya ya, unless you eat a pre-made cookie. Stop being all logical. That would defeat the healthy shenanigans anyway.
And you can win too. By putting down this computer and falling into a deep romance with a crispety-soft-perfectly sweetened bites of ooey-gooey-melty-chocolate yums.
I won’t even tell if you eat them both.
I PINKY SWEARS it.
- Lightly grease two 4oz ramekins with butter or coconut oil and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together the protein powder, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the almond butter, honey, vanilla and egg using an electric hand beater on high speed. Beat until the almond butter begins to "absorb" the liquid ingredients, and begins to thicken, just a minute or so.
- Pour the protein powder mixture, along with the chopped chocolate, into the almond butter mixture and stir until well combined. Your batter will be wet and sticky.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared ramekins, and spread out evenly. They will be about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake until the cookies have risen significantly, the edges just begin to darken, and the top feels firm and slightly crunchy, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes (depending how long you can wait!) and DEVOUR!
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
If you make this recipe, please remember to tag @Foodfaithfit and #foodfaithfitness on Instragram! I LOVE seeing your recipe recreations! 🙂
Want more paleo-friendly treats?
Almond Chocolate Lava Cakes
Lime Coconut Paleo Bread with Macadamia Streusel
Paleo Cookies from around the web:
Salted Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookies – A Calculated Whisk
Grain Free Mint Chocolate Cookies – A Whole New Twist
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!