This Crockpot Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip uses cauliflower so it’s packed with hidden veggies and so creamy! A healthy, gluten free appetizer for game day!
Just wanted you to letchu know that this creamy & spicy post is sponsored by my friends over at Challenge Dairy!
PIN Crockpot Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip with Cauliflower
We’re over half way through January and we have not yet consumed O-N-E buffalo chicken recipe.
You’d think I don’t understand football or something.
Hint: I don’t.
But, we’ve been too busy wrapping our faces around whole30 compliant recipes like paleo orange chicken, bacon cauliflower fried rice and mango chicken with coconut cauliflower rice. Sooooooo a buffalo chicken dip crock pot recipe? It’s kind of just been LEFT OUT IN THE COLD, wearing a little football jersey that says “pick me?”
Am I the only person that thinks that is a RLY sad mental picture? I probably am. You’re probably still trying to figure out how to imagine buffalo chicken in a football jersey.
Either way. I may not understand football (much to the sadness of my football-loving-Huborama) but I do understand that the big Game Day requires ALLLLLLLLL the snacks.
Snacks are truly the only reason why I have motivation to watch football. Really, if I’m being honest, snacks are the only reason that I have motivation to do ANYTHING in life.
I’m PREE sure that you’re 100% agreeing with me right now.
Last year, we went CRAY with all the super-unique-and-creative buffalo recipes: we had Buffalo chicken egg muffins, vegan buffalo patties, and even a Buffalo chicken paleo sweet potato hash (because buffalo breakfast = win!). We even went to buffalo chicken town for dinner and had paleo buffalo chicken spaghetti squash casserole.
But then, this year, Mr. FFF asked me if I could maybe a normal person for once, and make a classic crockpot keto buffalo chicken dip recipe or some simple Instant pot Buffalo Chicken?
So I made him Crock Pot Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Soup instead, thinking it was CLOSE to a dip.
He still wanted dip. Ugh.
Which means you might have secretly been hoping for this too. So, I made it for you, but super easy-peasy-5 ingredients-in a CROCK POT.
You’re excited. I’m excited. We’re ALL EXCITED to dip-dip-DIPPPPP into super creamy, spicy, protein PACKED buffalo chicken yumminess.
Let’s start with the basics, because you might have a few questions.
How do you make buffalo chicken dip?
Making buffalo chicken dip is actually REALLY REALLY SIMPLE. This Crockpot Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip with Cauliflower requires minimal ingredients: cream cheese, buffalo sauce and chicken (obviously.) Once you round up those ingredients, you just have warm up the cream cheese, so it gets nice and smooth. Then, stir in the buffalo sauce and shredded chicken!
Got some leftover rotisserie chicken? PERFECT FOR THAT.
In usual Taylor form, I decided to rip one from the air fryer buffalo cauliflower playbook and add CAULIFLOWER to make the dip have EXTRA creaminess without having to add EXTRA CHEESE. We’re using Challenge Dairy Cream Cheese here, which is basically the epitome of pure luscious, velvety-smooth rich & delicious food. And it just so happens to be 100% real cream, with N-O-T-H-I-N-G artificial! No hormones. NO additives. NO fillers.
We’re straight up talking about real cream cheese with REAL ingredients guys. This makes this Crockpot Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip with Cauliflower taste better and we would not want ANY other cheese to take away from that!
Are we at the point where you no longer ask yourself “what is Taylor going to put cauliflower in next” because you’re too busy asking “what is she NOT going to put cauliflower in next?”
I have a problem. I just like it in ALL THE THINGS.
Except vegan brownies.
That happened once. And, we’ll just leave it at that.
Now that we’ve added cauliflower into what seemed like a pretty-easy-totally-can-make-this-happen kinda buffalo cauliflower dip, I see something else on your mind.
How Do You Make Buffalo Chicken Dip in a Crockpot?
- Just like making buffalo chicken dip WITHOUT a Crockpot, you need to get together cream cheese, buffalo sauce and chicken to make this Crockpot Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip. However, since the Crockpot also cooks things, you’re going to use raw chicken breast.
- Put your raw chicken into the crock pot, along with the secretly healthy cauliflower. Cover and cook until the chicken is no longer pink, and the cauliflower is fork tender.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cauliflower into a blender, along with the buffalo sauce and and seasoning. Blend until smooth!
- Transfer all of that goodness back into the slow cooker, along with the cream cheese.
- Finally, shred up that chicken and throw it into the slow cooker too!
- Cook until everything is soft and creamy and DEVOUR!
Easy peasy huh? Adding some secretly healthy veggies doesn’t make it ANY harder!
Even if you’re one of those people (like me) who has zero desire to watch little men run around on a tv, and one of those kind of people that wear earplugs when the game is on (there is only so much of Mr. FFF going HOORAHHHHHH that I can take) I can PINKY PROMISE that dunking a crispy-crunchy chip through a mountain of creamy, swirls of spicy sauce and tender pieces of chicken are going to get you through it.
Realistically, the men-folk will be too busy yelling to even notice that you stole the pot of dip.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
Easy Homemade Spinach Greek Yogurt Dip
- 4 Cups Reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 Lb Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 6 Cups Cauliflower, cut into florets (520g)
- 1/2 Cup Buffalo sauce
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 8 Oz` Challenge Dairy Cream Cheese **
- In the bottom of a 7 quart slow cooker, pour in the chicken broth. Place the chicken breast in, followed by the cauliflower florets. Cover and cook on high until the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 2-2.5 hours.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken to a plate to cool. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cauliflower into a high-powered blender, trying to leave as much broth in the slow cooker as you can.
- Into the blender, add the buffalo sauce, salt and pepper and blend until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Drain the chicken broth from the slow cooker and add the cauliflower/buffalo mixture in, along with the cream cheese.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken and then add into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high until the cream cheese is soft, about 20-30 minutes.
- Once the cream cheese is soft, stir everything together right in the slow cooker, until well mixed.
- Either serve with chips straight out of the slow cooker, keeping it on warm, or transfer to a bowl to DEVOUR.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY MY FRIENDS AT CHALLENGE DAIRY. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO CONTINUE CREATING GREAT CONTENT FOR YOU BY SUPPORTING PARTNERSHIPS WITH SUPER-FAB BRANDS THAT FOOD FAITH FITNESS LOVES TO WORK WITH! AS ALWAYS, OPINIONS REMAIN 100% MY OWN!
Weight Watchers Points Per Serving: SmartPoints: 4 Points+: 4. Old Points: 4
Leave a Comment