This easy Homemade Keto Low Carb Cereal tastes like cinnamon toast crunch but its gluten/grain/dairy/sugar free and healthy! Only 6 ingredients too!
PIN Homemade Keto Low Carb Cereal
It’s time to separate the right cereal eaters from the wrong cereal eaters with this one question:
Do you eat cereal with milk OR without it, straight from the BOX?
My answer is 100% STRAIGHT FROM THE BOX. Do not like the soggy breakfast experience that happens when milk snuggles on up to the crispy squares.
So, IMO, that is the RIGHT way to eat cereal. Which is probably the WRONG way to most of the population but MY BLOG. My rules ?
Feeling sassy today.
HOWEVER, this sugar free cereal? I can actually eat it WITH MILK because it stays SO FREAKING CRUNCHY. For real. I did a crunchy test (the scientific terminology) and let it just sit in a bowl of milk for like 30 MINUTES.
When I went back to check, my bowl of low carb breakfast cereal was just hanging out, being it’s spicy-sweet squares of CRUNCHY self.
Internet friends. This might be a bold statement, but I think we have just discovered the BEST low carb cereal.
What cereal is low in carbs?
To my knowledge, there are not a lot of traditional cereals that are low in carbs and on the list of keto diet foods, as many are grain-based and are packed with sugar.
Don’t worry though, spicy-warm-cinnamon flavor still VRY VRY intact. If you’ve ever seen me eat ALMOST anything, you would know that cinnamon is pretty much my love language.
It’s honestly kind of disgusting how much of it I can eat.
Anyway. You didn’t come here to learn about the inner workings of my gross cinnamon addiction.
You came here for HOMEMADE keto low carb cereal tttthhhhaattt you probably thought was going to be eleventy billion ingredients and take approximately 32 hours to make didn’t you?
NOPE. We’re talking 6 simple ingredients and only 45 minutes stand between you and crispy cereal breakfast BLISS.
I know I know, you’re reading the directions and you’re annoyed that you have to cut each and every ¾ inch square out and transfer it to a pan because WHO HAS TIME FOR THAT. But I am here to tell you that YOU HAVE TIME FOR IT because the end result is cereal that fancy-person-you made yourself, which is going to make you feel very elite and accomplished because WHO DOES THAT?
Oh wait, YOU DO you snazzy little human.
If you’re like me and love cereal from-the-box, these little crispy breakfast gems can also double as a perfectly portable snack for when your hungry mouth gets, well, HUNGRY as you lead your busy-person-on-the-go-life.
Can’t you just see yourself whipping out a little baggie of homemade keto low carb cereal at the office and everyone staring at you in awe and jealousy?
I normally wouldn’t promote trying to be superior to your peers buttttt when cinnamon toast crunch is on the table….
I think both you and I can agree that we’re TOTALLY OK WID IT.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, 4 1/2 Tbsp of the monkfruit, cinnamon and salt until well mixed.
- Add in the egg white and melted coconut oil. Using your hands, press the mixture together until it begins to moisten and you can pack it into a ball.
- Place half the dough between two large pieces of parchment paper and roll out until VERY thin, about 1/16 inch thick.
- Cut the dough into 3/4 inch squares and gently transfer to the prepared sheets. Repeat with remaining dough **
- Sprinkle the remaining 2 tsp of monkfruit over the squares and bake until they just turn golden brown, about 5-8 minutes. They burn very quickly so watch them closely. Mine were perfect at 6-7 minutes. They will not be crunchy when they come out of the oven.
- Let the squares cool on the pan completely and then DEVOUR.
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: FREESTYLE POINTS: 7 POINTS+: 5. OLD POINTS: 4
(Per 1/5 of the recipe, about 1/2 cup)
STAY IN DA KNOW WITH THINGS GOING ON AT FFF (AND GET SPECIAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO) BY FOLLOWING ALONG ON PINTEREST, FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!