Just wanted to let you know this bowl of pure, frosty banana love is sponsored by the lovely people over at Udi’s Gluten Free, the makers of all things gluten free and delicious!
These 5-minute bowls are made of peanut butter banana ice cream and topped with gluten free brownies and nuts. They’re a healthier treat with only 5 ingredients!
Except, you know, NO CHUNKY IN SIGHT HERE TODAY FOLKS.
The typical walnuts-banana-chocolate chunk flavor combo that your brain immediately jumps to has taken a little journey into the land of health food and come back GOOD 4 YOU.
It also found some peanut butter and additional peanuts on its way. Why?
Because. PEANUT BUTTER.
Always. Every day. In E’RYTHANG. I know you get me.
Liiiike, this (2 ingredient!!) banana “nice cream” with its creamy swirls of (naturally!) sweet peanut butter yumminess and mega chunks of Udi’s Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Brownie Bites (<3 <3 <3) with crunchy, toasty walnuts and an extra drizzle of peanut butter is the LAST STOP on the “Bowl Week” train.
Lindsay from Cotter Crunch and I have been sharing delish, trendy food items in bowls with you all week. We’ve had Cauliflower Alfredo “Lox Bagel” Breakfast Bowls and Honey Lime Grilled Avocado Shrimp Nacho Bowls and now this stupid-simple but INSANELY addicting bowl of icy-soft, rich chocolate-y yum is ending it with a BANG.[Tweet “Celebrate the weekend with a #glutenfree Chunky Monkey Banana Ice Cream Bowl! @Udisglutenfree”]
Errrr, a BUZZ. Because if your blender goes “BANG” when you’re making this….you might have a problem.
We’re obvi ending with dessert bowls. Because we always end with the best meal of the day you know? Make sure you go check out Lindsay’s Char Grilled Apricot Parfait Dessert Bowls!
This bowl of banana-goodness is an ode to a few things:
- The part of me that, well, is melting in the summer heat. Frozen, easy-to-make food is basically my current idea of bliss and the only thing I want to eat.
- The very-not-secret person that lives inside of me that is obsessed with anything peanut butter. Then add bananas and brownies? DEAD.
- How I get O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D with certain recipes/flavor profiles and then make them for you multiple weeks in a row, breaking all the food blogging handbooks.
I might have made up the existence of handbooks. But, whatever. It was FOR EFFECT.
It was just last week that we had a vegan cookie dough banana ice cream recipe. Which was the first of its kind in our little space of internet land. THEN THIS. ONE WEEK LATER.
See point one: “The part of me that, well, is melting in the summer heat. Frozen, easy-to-make food is basically my current idea of food bliss and the only thing I want to eat.” I don’t even wanna tell you how often I’ve been eating my favorite sugar-free low carb ice cream recipe.
I ain’t lying to you. JUST DA FACTS.
It also comes down to the fact that I am obsessed with easy, no-churn ice cream recipes. Totally have this No Churn Dairy Free Ice Cream from Flippin’ Delicious on REPEAT.
Also, like last week’s version of summer-perfect-food-that-you’re-going-to-want-to-put-in-your-mouth-all-day-long, this frosty little treat requires basically no steps.
Can we REALLY call “putting bananas and peanut butter into a blender and pressing ON” a step?
I feel like no. BUT, because I want you to feel like you EARNED this bowl of peanuty-chocolaty-icy-crunchy perfection we will lie to ourselves and call it one. PLUSPLUSPLUS, you will have to CHOP nuts and mini gluten free brownies.
Is it just me, or are you also getting tired just THINKING about all the effort that we are putting into nice cream creation?!
How-EV-er, with all the sweat you’re working up so that your hungry mouth can swirl and twirl creamy, cold refreshing banana dessert nirvana down into your belly tonight, you MIGHT (read: should) be able to have an X-TRA SCOOP. Or 3.
Usually I would NOT be promoting lying to yourself.
But, this is situational.
So go on and xtra scoop to your <3’s content.
You earned it. 😉
- 2 Tbsp Walnuts
- 2 Tbsp Salted peanuts
- 2 Large bananas cut into coins and frozen
- 1 Tbsp Natural peanut butter + additional for drizzling
- 2 Udi's Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Brownie Bites chopped
- OPTIONAL STEP (I think nuts taste better toasted)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spread the walnuts and peanuts onto a small pan. Bake until lightly golden brown and toasted, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place the frozen banana coins (cutting them into coins before freezing helps them blend smoother) and the peanut butter into a high-powered blender and puree (or use the ice cream setting if you have one) until smooth and creamy. You may need to stop the blender and scrape down the sides a few times.
- Divide the "ice cream" between two bowls, followed by the walnuts, peanuts and chopped up brownie bites.
- Drizzle with additional peanut butter (if desired - but, you should!) and DEVOUR.
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Udi’s Gluten Free. The opinions and text are all mine.
Keep in touch with Udi’s Gluten Free on social media for more delicious ideas: Facebook / Twitter/Instagram/Pinterest
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER SERVING: SMARTPOINTS: 13 POINTS+: 9. OLD POINTS: 7
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAG @FOODFAITHFIT AND #FOODFAITHFITNESS ON INSTAGRAM! I LOVE SEEING YOUR RECIPE RECREATIONS!
Want more healthy, no-bake desserts?
Salted Almond Joy No-Bake Bars
Berry Cashew Cream No Bake Bars
Coconut Raw Cheesecakes with Chocolate Peanut Frosting
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products that I actually use and <3. Thanks for supporting FFF!
Leave a Comment