This delicious Chicken Zucchini Casserole is an easy, fresh meal the whole family will love any night! Flavorful, filling, and healthy!
Table of Contents
Why you will LOVE This Recipe
Nothing screams good old home cookin’ like a delicious and comforting casserole! I love a big slice of Mexican Breakfast Casserole for a healthy and flavorful breakfast, and couldn’t pass up some low carb keto green bean casserole at Thanksgiving EVEN if I tried! If you’re like me and love casseroles, I guarantee you will think this baked chicken zucchini casserole is absolutely delicious! It’s made with healthy ingredients, but has NO lack of flavor! It’s also made with typical ingredients that are easy to find at your local supermarket and it’s super easy to throw together for a weeknight meal. Give it a try because seriously, what’s not to love?!
For this keto chicken casserole recipe, you’ll want to raid your pantry and fridge to pull together everything you will need to make it. You may need to run to the store for a few ingredients, too, but everything should be super simple to find. Here’s everything you will need to cook a chicken and zucchini casserole:
- Zucchini, sliced
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- Prepared Pesto Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Parmesan Cheese
How to make Chicken Zucchini Casserole
A delicious, healthy and flavorful casserole was NEVER easier to cook up for your crew! Here’s how to make a zucchini casserole:
Turn on your oven and spray a pan with cooking spray.
Prepare the Zucchini
Spread out your zucchini slices on some paper towel and sprinkle them with salt. Let them sit for a while, then use another sheet of paper towel to soak up some of the excess liquid.
Place the chicken into your prepared pan, sprinkle it with salt, then spread the pesto overtop of it evenly. Arrange the onions overtop of the pesto evenly and then follow with the zucchini slices. Pour the marinara sauce overtop of your casserole, then sprinkle the cheese overtop to finish it off.
Cover your chicken zucchini casserole recipe with tinfoil and pop it in the oven for 15 minutes. After the timer goes, uncover your casserole and continue baking until it is hot and bubbly and the chicken is fully cooked.
Serve up your casserole and enjoy! DEVOUR!!
Now that you’ve got a hot and bubbly chicken zucchini casserole, it’s time to serve it to your family and/or guests! This would be delicious served over some hot, cooked brown rice or whichever type of rice you prefer! To make it Keto, consider serving it with cauliflower rice-check out how to make cauliflower rice and pick whichever method your heart desires.
Can you freeze Zucchini and Chicken Casserole?
Often, casseroles are a fantastic make-ahead meal to pop in the freezer to give to a friend when they might need a meal or for those busy weeknights when you don’t have time to cook! In the case of this casserole, though, I would not recommend freezing it as it will likely change the consistency and texture of the zucchini and make it mushy.
more healthy casserole recipes
- dairy free paleo casserole with chicken
- healthy baked cheesy zucchini casserole with broccoli
- bbq chicken zoodle casserole
- 2 1/2 Cups Zucchini, sliced (one very large zucchini or 2 medium)
- 1/2 tsp Salt + more for sprinkling on chicken
- 1 Lb Boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1/4 Cup Prepared pesto sauce
- 1 Cup Onion, chopped
- 3/4 Cup Marinara sauce
- 1 Cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8×8 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Spread the zucchini onto a layer of paper towel and sprinkle with salt. Let stand 10 minutes (I usually prep my ingredients during this time)
- Once the zucchini has sat, use another paper towel to press out as much moisture as possible.
- Place the chicken into the prepared pan, sprinkle with salt and spread the pesto on top
- Sprinkle the onions over top and then layer the zucchini on top.
- Pour the marinara sauce all over, spreading out evenly. Then, sprinkle with the cheese
- Cover with tinfoil and bake for 15 minutes. Then, uncover and bake for 30-35 minutes until bubbly and the chicken is cooked through
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!