The whole family will love Broccoli Bites! Deliciously adorable, GF, and superfood-packed, the kids will have no idea how healthy they are!
Table of Contents
Parents: this recipe goes out to you ♥️
I am not one but the word on the street is that kiddos hate broccoli but you want them to eat it…
…and it’s a horrible battle.
NOT ANYMORE THOUGH.
I mean, if you thought the cauliflower tots were sneaky these are even sneakier because you can just call them “alien tots” and the kids won’t question it
They’ll just eat them excitedly and you’ll feel like the parent of the year for getting them to eat broccoli and LIKE IT
And YOU will even like them too. Everyone is a winner.
Why you will LOVE This Recipe
I’m always on the hunt for snacks that taste great, will curb my cravings, AND are healthy for my body. Is that even POSSIBLE, you ask?! Well with today’s broccoli bites recipe, you will achieve all of that and more because they are just so good, and perfect for the picky eaters in your life too! These bites are made with broccoli, of course (hello nutrients), as well as a variety of cheeses and spices to make the most exciting broccoli recipe of all time that the whole family will love! They are also low carb and high in healthy fats, making them perfect for the keto eater in your life.
How to make Broccoli Bites
Spray a cookie sheet very generously with cooking oil spray and fire up the oven so that it can heat up while you work in the kitchen.
Prep the Broccoli
Place your broccoli florets in a food processor and blend until they are well broken down. Transfer them to a microwave safe bowl or dish and heat them until bright green and tender, stopping in the middle to stir them.
Add in the onion, cottage cheese and garlic and stir once again. Pop it back in the microwave and heat for a bit longer.
Add in the egg white, cheddar, panko, parsley, salt and pepper and stir until everything is well incorporated.
Using a spoon or your hands, form the broccoli mixture into tots. Do this for all of the broccoli and arrange them, evenly spaced out, on your oiled pan. Spray the tops of your broccoli tots with cooking spray generously.
Pop them in the oven and bake your keto broccoli bites until golden and crunchy! Serve them up and enjoy! DEVOUR!
Now that you’ve baked up your AMAZINGLY delicious broccoli tots, you’re ready to snack away! These would be fab dipped in some ranch dressing or other sauce of choice alongside some other appetizers! If you’re hosting a game day or other finger food style get together, I recommend serving these as well as some air fryer chicken nuggets, healthy deviled eggs with greek yogurt, and a big bowl of chips served with some grilled pineapple mango salsa with corn. Eat up and ENJOY!
Storage and Reheating
When I make these incredible broccoli bites, there is a 0% chance of leftovers because we finish them up every single time. BUT if you happen to have some leftover, they can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge. To reheat and enjoy them once again, I recommend setting your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and heating them up on an oiled pan. This way, they will be crunchy and crisp when you dig in!
How to use Cauliflower Instead
If you want to mix things up and use cauliflower instead of broccoli for these bites, you totally can! The ratios will be the same, so simply leave out the broccoli and follow the instructions with cauliflower in its place. Let me know how it goes and which you prefer- cauliflower or broccoli in your tots!
More recipes you might like
- parmesan roasted ranch cauliflower with avocado
- easy cheesy broccoli loaded cauliflower casserole
- air fryer buffalo cauliflower
- 3 1/2 Cups Broccoli florets (290g)
- 6 Tbsp diced onion
- 3 Tbsp Cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 large Egg white
- 3/4 Cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp Gluten free panko (or regular if not GF)
- 3 Tbsp Parsley, minced
- 1 tsp Salt (if salt sensitive try 3/4 tsp)
- Pinch of pepper
- Preheat you oven to 400 degrees and very GENEROUSLY spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the broccoli florets into a food processor and blend until broken down and “rice-like.” Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 3 minutes. Stir and then microwave and additional 2 minutes.
- Add in the onion, cottage cheese and garlic and stir until well mixed. Microwave again for 20 seconds.
- Finally, add in the egg white, cheddar, panko, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir until well mixed and the egg white is evenly distributed.
- Using a 1 Tbsp measure form the broccoli into tots. I find the easiest is to really pack the cauliflower into a 1 Tbsp measuring spoon and then gently top it onto your hand until it comes out of the spoon in a perfect tot shape. Place it on the pan. Do this for all the broccoli. You should end up with 27-30 tots.
- Generously spray the tops with cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes. Then, spray the tops generously again, and bake an additional 7-12 minutes, or until the tots are golden brown and crunchy.
- DEVOUR! (I like them with ketchup!)
Tips & Notes:
Recipes written and produced on Food Faith Fitness are for informational purposes only.
For This Recipe, I recommend:
STAY IN DA KNOW ABOUT BEHIND-THE-SCENES INFO GOING ON AT FFF BY KEEPING IN TOUCH ON TWITTER,FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST!
This post may contain affiliate links, but I would only recommend products I love. Thanks for supporting FFF!